Adding someone to a solo STUDIO reservation

Victorious8

Hey y'all! So I may have a friend who has decided to book the same cruise as me. I see on the NCL website that the per person cost for us to book a balcony is actually cheaper than if we both book studios. I have already paid in full for my trip (it's in two months), but I was wondering if anyone had any clue if I could add her to my reservation and upgrade(?) to a balcony? We might just go ahead with the two studios because the one next to me is still open, but the balcony seems like it would be amazing. Also does anyone know how might this effect the perks? I have the UBP and I know it would be important that she at least has that although a NEW balcony booking would allow two perks.

Thanks!!

P.S. Bar exam studying is awful, we will REALLY deserve this trip!

I can answer with 100% certainty that you will not be able to add her to your studio ressie.

Obviously we couldn't share the cabin but could my reservation have a room change to a balcony room and then add her?

Obviously we couldn't share the cabin but could my reservation have a room change to a balcony room and then add her?

You asked if you could add her to your reservation and that answer is still no

But you can try to upgrade at current prices to a cabin that fits 2 if the ship is not at maximum capacity and there is a cabin available

Btw maximum capacity is not 100% but actually over that....104% is the highest I've ever heard of.

It has to do with berths and lifeboat capacity

So the proper procedure is to upgrade and then add her not the other way around ....if there is still capacity and a cabin available ...at current pricing of course ....which could mean a great deal or a price gouge. I've seen both.

Of course you have already called Ncl about this because they are the only ones that can facilitate this change so what did they say?

Btw reread the title you gave this thread....

Edited by luvtheships

Hey y'all! So I may have a friend who has decided to book the same cruise as me. I see on the NCL website that the per person cost for us to book a balcony is actually cheaper than if we both book studios. I have already paid in full for my trip (it's in two months), but I was wondering if anyone had any clue if I could add her to my reservation and upgrade(?) to a balcony? We might just go ahead with the two studios because the one next to me is still open, but the balcony seems like it would be amazing. Also does anyone know how might this effect the perks? I have the UBP and I know it would be important that she at least has that although a NEW balcony booking would allow two perks.

Thanks!!

P.S. Bar exam studying is awful, we will REALLY deserve this trip!

Having a balcony is always a great way to escape the crowds, but living in a confined space with someone for 7 days can rear it's own challenges... I was in 12539, which is all the way down the hall, furthest from the lounge, and it was very quiet down there. You'll just have to weigh the luxury of the balcony with having your own personal space...

Just an FYI, just got off the phone with NCL and they said it would no issue changing me to a balcony and then adding my friend. The price was the same as my mock booking last night. We would also both be able to get two perks. Since the price difference isn't that much I think booking in solo's is the best idea, maybe when it gets closer to the date we can call the upsell department and see how much they are willing to throw at us to get two studios close to sailing (fwiw I called the upsell department first and they said it was way too early for them to do anything. On a side note NCL also said that if we both book solos we could combine the bookings into one room later on (contingent on the capacity of the boat).

Back to studying :(

Just an FYI, just got off the phone with NCL and they said it would no issue changing me to a balcony and then adding my friend. The price was the same as my mock booking last night. We would also both be able to get two perks. Since the price difference isn't that much I think booking in solo's is the best idea, maybe when it gets closer to the date we can call the upsell department and see how much they are willing to throw at us to get two studios close to sailing (fwiw I called the upsell department first and they said it was way too early for them to do anything. On a side note NCL also said that if we both book solos we could combine the bookings into one room later on (contingent on the capacity of the boat).

If you opt for the studio cabins you will be able to gain access to the Studio Lounge - I am not sure about two in a balcony being able to access the lounge but if this is possible you will need to get Guest Services to swipe your cards to allow you this. The Studio Lounge is a great meeting place for solo passengers.

Good Luck with your plans

Suron

Edited by suron
wrong information

On a side note NCL also said that if we both book solos we could combine the bookings into one room later on (contingent on the capacity of the boat).

While you can do that, be aware that the regular cancellation fees do apply to the other reservation once the non-free cancellation period starts - many families have been struck by this when they have had for example an inside and a balcony booked and have wanted to combine those to one bigger suite after final payment as prices have dropped.

You asked if you could add her to your reservation and that answer is still no.

Uhhh...? The great thing about the internet is there is ZERO accountability for just answering with nonsense. As you can see, it was no problem for the OP to to add her friend to the reservation.

Just an FYI, just got off the phone with NCL and they said it would no issue changing me to a balcony and then adding my friend.

I'm only going on a small amount of anecdotal data, but I don't think the Studio prices drop often. They seem to be popular--popular enough that I'm paying like 30% more for a week on the same ship versus last year. And they are not experiencing the same price drops other classes are.

You also can't book them with "no frills" the way some TAs can, so you don't have to pay for the "free" perks.