Winter Cruise question

Ive been on 9 cruises but have never took one in the winter. I am relatively young and like to meet cruisers around my age(late 20s) to have fun with.. Can anyone thats been on a Carnival ship in the months of january or february give me some insight on the crowd i can expect? Thanks a lot!

Edited by YungCruiser87

Our last two cruises have been in winter months. One out of Miami (Jan 15) and another out of San Juan (Feb 14). At the time my husband and I were in our late 20's/early 30's, I do have to say that our traveling buddies are my parents who are in their 50's. Both cruises we took were pretty wide range on ages. I would say it mostly depends on where you cruise from. San Juan was more adults and couples, where Miami is more families.

If you are set on a certain cruise, you could always check and see if there are any roll calls out there yet.

If not traveling over a holiday, the crowd isn't as 'energetic' as a summer cruise. Less children but can be college students as some schools don't start til mid to late. January.

One M-F four day was an interesting mix of older college students and lots of mobility devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think all cruises skew toward the seniors, even the 3 or 4 day ones. In the winter you definitely have less kids if you plan it around those breaks kids get.

we always vacation in the winter and have met alot of fun people. we end up with the 20 or so people that are like us (party, stay up late, sleep in, etc) on each vacation.

Many college schedules start in mid-January....what we have found is that there are younger passengers onboard for the early weeks of January...and not so many for the last weeks of January.

Otherwise, winter is THE time to cruise in the Caribbean, as far as we are concerned!

Shorter cruises usually is younger crowds (more affordable). January is usually a generally older crowd than when you get into Feb. mid February sees it pick up with college students for spring break (again go with the shorter cruises). The 4 day key west/Cozumel cruises you have a better chance if warm weather as Jan/feb in Bahamas can be cold and windy.... But sometimes you get lucky with Bahamas too? Hard to say...

Our first cruise was on the Fantasy out of Charleston in February.

Departure was cold...and windy...and cold! Once we got underway and a little south, it was very pleasant outside, though the funworks was chilly as was the pool. Nassau/Freeport were cool, but still warmer than Maine ocean water in the summer!

As for the crowd - there was one group that I kept seeing over and over which made me dub it the hillbilly cruise, but aside from that, it was a fair mix of people. Families with kids on winter break, couples, college kids, etc.

Great fun, and you're not sweltering the whole time.