Best way to get back to Rome area

AmR87

Hello all,

I was checking all my boxes on my itinerary last night and realized I haven't figured out how we are getting from our cruise to hotel Tiber.

The train is not an option as we are traveling with my elderly mother in law.

Should I book with Rome limousines before leaving, or can I get a taxi at the port?

I only ask because I have had terrible luck with booking transfers ahead of time for all the cruises I have been on. (No joke. Problems every time!)

You can do either. Not sure what your problem with private transport, but Rome in Limo is excellent. If you are talking your NCL cruise this month...good luck. You will find many of the vendors fully booked, I am sure.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Taxis will run on the meter, the fixed fare of 120 Euro only applies to trips between the port and the airport. With a prearranged transfer you'll know in advance what the fare will be.

Rome taxi fares (page two is in English): https://www.comune.roma.it/PCR/resources/cms/documents/tariffario_taxi_luglio_2012.pdf

Edited by euro cruiser

You can do either. Not sure what your problem with private transport, but Rome in Limo is excellent. If you are talking your NCL cruise this month...good luck. You will find many of the vendors fully booked, I am sure.

No problems per se. More or less every time I have booked transportation beforehand something has gone wrong. Driver not showing up, place saying they don't know how I booked it online because it's not possible, driver showing up an hour late. So I am just weary of booking an transfer ahead of time now.

Hello all,

I was checking all my boxes on my itinerary last night and realized I haven't figured out how we are getting from our cruise to hotel Tiber.

The train is not an option as we are traveling with my elderly mother in law.

Should I book with Rome limousines before leaving, or can I get a taxi at the port?

I only ask because I have had terrible luck with booking transfers ahead of time for all the cruises I have been on. (No joke. Problems every time!)

There are NO taxi's at the port. Every time we've gone, and it's been plenty, we've pre-arranged transpo back. That's your best bet.

There are NO taxi's at the port. Every time we've gone, and it's been plenty, we've pre-arranged transpo back. That's your best bet.

Thank you for this info!

WE booked Rome cabs (May 15 2016) for a private transfer from Airport to Civitavecchia for $69 they were excellent and the price is very reasonable. We also used them after our cruise, we were picked up at 9am taken to all of Rome's major attractions (we did not want to do the vatican) we were even taken to some not so well known places. The driver was entirely at our disposal, we saw everything we wanted to see and then were taken to the airport at about 3pm...all this for $254 They provided an excellent service and I highly recommend them.

Are you sure the Hotel Tiber is in Rome? The only Hotel Tiber I know if is in Fiumicino, out by the airport. I even did a quick internet search for "Hotel Tiber Rome" and the Fiumicino location was the one that always popped up.

Double-check your location, and let us know where it is please.

Are you sure the Hotel Tiber is in Rome? The only Hotel Tiber I know if is in Fiumicino, out by the airport. I even did a quick internet search for "Hotel Tiber Rome" and the Fiumicino location was the one that always popped up.

Double-check your location, and let us know where it is please.

Yes, I know it is by the airport. Thank you for your concern. My original post had said Rome area, not Rome per se.

I ended up booking through bobs limos for 100usd and was able to pay ahead of time. Hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Edited by AmR87

Taxis will run on the meter, the fixed fare of 120 Euro only applies to trips between the port and the airport. With a prearranged transfer you'll know in advance what the fare will be.

Rome taxi fares (page two is in English): https://www.comune.roma.it/PCR/resources/cms/documents/tariffario_taxi_luglio_2012.pdf

Yes, but this doesn't work for Civitavecchia port unfortunately, we were charged on our last trip 200 euros for 2 of us, they do a flat rate or they simply won't take you :(

Yes, but this doesn't work for Civitavecchia port unfortunately, we were charged on our last trip 200 euros for 2 of us, they do a flat rate or they simply won't take you :(
If you paid €200 to go from the port to the airport you got ripped off. At the very least you should have taken down the name and number of the taxi driver and reported him.