Sir Bani Yas Island

AVACTION

Just received an e-mail from MSC about Sir Bani Yas Island (MSC Fantasia). MSC is building a "Private Resort" on the island and will be open from December 2016.

Includes an exclusive Yacht Club enclave a swell as beach bars and spa. Sounds good to me as we will be there in March next year.

Any more information from forum members?

Just received an e-mail from MSC about Sir Bani Yas Island (MSC Fantasia). MSC is building a "Private Resort" on the island and will be open from December 2016.

Includes an exclusive Yacht Club enclave a swell as beach bars and spa. Sounds good to me as we will be there in March next year.

Sounds fabulous , MSC has lots of $$$$$$$.

I had the same e mail. If you google MSC Sir Bani Yas there are various press release articles.

http://www.cruiseandferry.net/articles/msc-reveals-new-beach-oasis-on-sir-bani-yas-island#.V1ElKcvTXqA

Sounds fantastic, they will even have a private Yacht club area.

We are on the Fantasia in the YC at Christmas and are looking forward to it even more now!

I got this mail but it dose not opens )))

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/msc-cruises-launches-sir-bani-yas-island-beach-oasis-destination-for-its-winter-20162017-cruise-itineraries-300277472.html#continue-jump

Hopefully the above link will work. Click on it to read more details.

Looks like there will be lots to do. Beach activities, spa treatments local handicrafts, jeep safaris, kayaking, the ship will set up food and bar service on the island etc.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/msc-cruises-launches-sir-bani-yas-island-beach-oasis-destination-for-its-winter-20162017-cruise-itineraries-300277472.html#continue-jump

Hopefully the above link will work. Click on it to read more details.

Looks like there will be lots to do. Beach activities, spa treatments local handicrafts, jeep safaris, kayaking, the ship will set up food and bar service on the island etc.

I also got into the link. However when I contacted MSC UK to make enquiries about the excursions which they will be offering for our Dec 17th cruise they were very vague. Twin grandsons are keen to do the jeep tour around the Safari Park so hopefully details of this and other shore excursions will be clarified soon and booking possible. I did in fact e-mail the tourist information contact on the island hoping to arrange a private tour but they replied saying cruise ship passengers can only book through the cruise line, private tours can only be arranged for guests actually staying at the Spa Hotel Resort on the island.

It certainly looks a fantastic place with lots to do.

Hope others will keep us posted if they manage to get any more information

Thanks

Suzanne

We'll be on two B2B cruises in March 2017 on the Fantasia in YC, first the one week Emirates/Bahrain/Qatar cruise out of Dubai, and then on the Dubai-Genoa repositioning cruise. Lucky us, we'll get to enjoy Sir Bani Yas island twice and will probably stay right at the resort's YC facility both times enjoying the sun and sea. Maybe also the short 4x4 safari ride as well.

P.S. The Sir Bani Yas excursions are listed and detailed on the MSC Italy website with times and prices. Should be on the other websites by now.

Edited by Capricruiser

We'll be on two B2B cruises in March 2017 on the Fantasia in YC, first the one week Emirates/Bahrain/Qatar cruise out of Dubai, and then on the Dubai-Genoa repositioning cruise. Lucky us, we'll get to enjoy Sir Bani Yas island twice and will probably stay right at the resort's YC facility both times enjoying the sun and sea. Maybe also the short 4x4 safari ride as well.

P.S. The Sir Bani Yas excursions are listed and detailed on the MSC Italy website with times and prices. Should be on the other websites by now.

Thank you for this information. Will check out the UK website and we can make plans. I will be visiting my son and family on 15th June (an extra visit this year to see them in Dubai) so we can mull over the options together. Am looking forward to this next visit but hope I will be able to cope with the heat and the fact it will be Ramadam - at least everywhere is air-conditioned and we will not be restricted on eating and drinking within the confines of the villa.

You are very lucky to have the B2B's to look forward to - they will be great I am sure. Have you visited the Emirates before? I just love going there to find new places to visit and the chance to re-visit our favourites.

Good Luck with your plans

Suzanne