Pier 66 to pikes place

bearette

We arrive very early on a flight and plan to take the light rail from the airport and then Uber to the Jewel. If we have the time I thought we could see the market. Is there a bus/trolley nearby or would Uber be better? Also the cost. Thanks.

It is not a long distance, but is a fairly steep hill. 10min is probably about right.

There are also elevator solutions - one next to the Marriott hotel, the other (more direct) through the Public Market Parking garage across the street from the aquarium, a couple blocks south of the cruise terminal. https://goo.gl/maps/Kk2NiTHWuVD2

PS no "s" in Pike Place Market.

Edited by Gardyloo

It is not a long distance, but is a fairly steep hill. 10min is probably about right.

After getting off of the elevator that is just south of the Marriott, you bypass most of the climb although do have about one block+ of a slope to walk. It could still be a challenge if mobility was an issue. Although, if that was the case, Pike Place may not be a good choice to visit mid-day. Just too crowded.

After getting off of the elevator that is just south of the Marriott, you bypass most of the climb although do have about one block+ of a slope to walk. It could still be a challenge if mobility was an issue. Although, if that was the case, Pike Place may not be a good choice to visit mid-day. Just too crowded.

Glaciers comment about getting to Pike Place is accurate. But, even with shortness of breath issues, going up the one block+ slope in order to arrive at the street where the Market is located is not impossible. Stop and take a break for a few minutes. There are benches along the street in the vicinity of the Market where one can rest for awhile if needed.

The Market is so special, unique. To visit Seattle and not visit it is missing a landmark for this great city.

Thank you everyone! I have been to Seattle several times (over ten years ago), but my husband was stationed in Tacoma at the time so I only did quick visits. Of all the things we did I never saw the market so I thought if we were up for it we might head there to check it out. I will have two kids and my mom with me so while I'll have no issues the benches and elevator are a great tip.