Anytime Dining om the Sunshine

Lml513

No reason not to take DH with you to 5 if they won't let you check-in on 3. The deck 5 check-in desk is back near the Ocean Plaza which is near the rear elevators. There are lots of tables and chairs to relax in while you wait. My DH has mobility issues and I know that look on his face when I have to do that stuff alone thus I'd take him with me if at all possible.

On our May cruise they had ATD in the back lower dining room and some fixed dining in the center dining room. I think I'd ask if there was to be ATD seating in the back dining room which is more convenient for someone disabled IMO because the doors are directly adjacent to the rear elevators.

Thanks, Summersigh. It's nice to know that someone understands :)

Not to highjack, but does anyone know if they allow persons with disabilities to go ahead and check in on deck 3? I could leave DH on deck 3, go to deck 5, check in, and go back; however, this kind of makes him feel bad when I have to do things like that.

Thanks for the help :)

No reason not to take DH with you to 5 if they won't let you check-in on 3. The deck 5 check-in desk is back near the Ocean Plaza which is near the rear elevators. There are lots of tables and chairs to relax in while you wait. My DH has mobility issues and I know that look on his face when I have to do that stuff alone thus I'd take him with me if at all possible.

On our May cruise they had ATD in the back lower dining room and some fixed dining in the center dining room. I think I'd ask if there was to be ATD seating in the back dining room which is more convenient for someone disabled IMO because the doors are directly adjacent to the rear elevators.

I agree. Why leave your DH waiting by the elevators on deck 3? He would be more comfortable sitting in Ocean Plaza while you get your ticket. If no wait, you can use the elevator to go down to deck 3 to be seated. If you have a wait, you can join DH in Ocean Plaza until your beeper goes off.

BTW: on 21 days in Nov/Dec we never had to wait. Sometimes there is a line to get your ticket but it goes fast. Once we were seated, always saw vacant tables so don't think there were wait times for others either unless they were waiting for a particular table.

This has worked so well on the Sunshine that this method is also on the new Vista right now although it is deck 3 and 4.

Edited by mississauga

Thanks for the update

Do you still go to deck 5 to ck in?

I always heard this about the Sunshine (never sailed her) but when reading the CC review of the Vista, it says that you also have to go to deck 5 to sign in. Never had to go to Deck 5 on the Dream or the Valor.

I always heard this about the Sunshine (never sailed her) but when reading the CC review of the Vista, it says that you also have to go to deck 5 to sign in. Never had to go to Deck 5 on the Dream or the Valor.

It's not as big an imposition as some folks make it out to be. You check in, have the Ocean Plaza to sit and relax if you have to wait then move on to the dining room. Much more comfortable than waiting in the very small 3rd floor MDR lobby. In regular land restaurants you often are sent to the bar or a bench/standing area to await a table. This would be pretty similar.

To the poster who said that ATD was in the lower rear dining room - depending on how many requests they get there can also be ATD folks in the center dining room as well as some fixed tables - this was the case on our cruise on the Sunshine in May

• 1 month later...

So over the last couple of weeks we went from out family vacation of the four of us to being a group of 14. Since we booked early we have early dining confirmed. But everyone else is my time as early was gone.

If we switch to my time what are the chances that we could actually get all 14 of us together?

So over the last couple of weeks we went from out family vacation of the four of us to being a group of 14. Since we booked early we have early dining confirmed. But everyone else is my time as early was gone.

If we switch to my time what are the chances that we could actually get all 14 of us together?

If together you mean at the same table.....slim. They may, depending on what time you go sit you adjacent to each other at several tables. Lots of variables can affect/impact this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums