Island Princess Sanctuary View

Planning is Half the Fun

I have a lot of questions about the Sanctuary on the Island Princess. I've already spent hours searching through this and another message board, I've watched the Princess promo video, and I've watched numerous youTube videos.

Our top priority is seeing the Alaska scenery. If we book a chair in the sanctuary, will we be able to see anything? Do you have sightlines to the water? horizon? glaciers? while in that heated chair?

On most other cruises I've been on, there was a deserted glassed in area on the same deck as the buffet. We've been able to watch the scenery from a table or lounge chair. Kind of like an atrium. Do we have an option like this on our Alaskan cruise?

I would be asking this on the Princess board. The sight lines from the Sanctuary are the same no matter where Island sails.

That being said, the various things done to diminish wind in the Sanctuary do also hinder viewing. It's not like you have an unobstructed view.

IMHO. sanctuary is high.... Upper decks. Researching these boards I have been told viewing decks closer to the water are better for certain things Sanctuary is for peace and quite time. Viewing on an Alaskan cruise is going to be happening all over. We are sailing Princess Island in Aug. save your money. Viewings on deck 7 and the upper decks FOR FREE. like I said IMHO