new booking engine.. is i just me???

Is it just me or is anyone else not liking the new booking engine on Carnival/

It was so user-friendly before... so easy to find ships, dates, itineraries, in a list... these boxes really messed up a good thing... everytime i search, I put in my date, then get all these boxes... and from there you have to click on the box for more info... really?? i used to put my dates i preferred, then a list of cruises popped up, these boxes are "jamaican me crazy:D" I really wish they would change this:)

Edited by cruzn buckeye

I completely agree. I would really like to cruise on the Vista and specifically in a Havana Cabana room. It's next to impossible to find a room now without going half way through booking!

I find it cumbersome to look through all the cruises and their graphics too. i just need a list, not 4 screens of graphics to sort through.

Me too. While the old site left some to be desired, it was easier than trying to sort through all the pics. It's so cluttered I hate it.

Perhaps they should take some lessons from the big online agencies. Like letting you sort by Eastern or Western Caribbean, selecting the cabin type and category like A, B, etc. with all the prices right there. I shouldn't have to calculate "Add an additional $3.80 pp per day" or whatever in my head. Most of all show ALL the available cabins not just 10! Oh and might I add that it would be nice to show the occupancy and connecting rooms on their deck plans as well. I shouldn't have to go to a 3rd party site to see that info!

Edited by firemanbobswife

I completely agree. I would really like to cruise on the Vista and specifically in a Havana Cabana room. It's next to impossible to find a room now without going half way through booking!

Me too. While the old site left some to be desired, it was easier than trying to sort through all the pics. It's so cluttered I hate it.

I am having the same issue

Perhaps they should take some lessons from the big online agencies. Like letting you sort by Eastern or Western Caribbean, selecting the cabin type and category like A, B, etc. with all the prices right there. I shouldn't have to calculate "Add an additional $3.80 pp per day" or whatever in my head. Most of all show ALL the available cabins not just 10! Oh and might I add that it would be nice to show the occupancy and connecting rooms on their deck plans as well. I shouldn't have to go to a 3rd party site to see that info!

YES!!! I can't stand the Carnival website!

Count me as another with a harsh dislike for the new site. It is impossible to quickly see what I want to see. The huge graphics drive me nuts.

For the first time, I now have to go to OTHER sites to look for my next cruise, and of course that puts me comparing Carnival to other brands at the same time. Good move Carnival, send me to the competition!

I agree completely! The old engine was much easier, and simpler to use, and swap single things, to compare, but the new one really SUCKS! I go into the site most every day, to check prices, etc., on two, or three different ships, ports, and days, and it's maddening to change. BRING BACK THE OLD ENGINE,,,,PLEASE! :mad:

"SKY"

Not just you...but not everybody dislikes it.

I like it. I start by picking the Sail From, then month. Then you get the boxes that name the ship and shows the itinerary.

Click on the one you want to expand the dates, then the start booking on the date you want.

Only 4 clicks before you are actually starting the the booking by selecting the number of Staterooms.

The circle has the ports listed in clockwise order of visit BTW.

Agree with most of you finding this new booking engine quite cumbersome and not user friendly at all. Having to click on 'show dates' and opening each and every box is ridiculous and a waste of time. What makes most sense is a simple list indicating ship, date, itinerary (like it used to be) and simply choosing the one that 'fits'....uggghhh CCL!!! :confused::confused:

I don't like it either. I guess it looks pretty, but it's so clunky and not practical. It's harder to find exactly what you want.

Ditto. Looks nice, but sucks functionally! I wish they would just go back to the old setup. I never feel like I'm seeing everything that I would have otherwise like to have seen. :(

Carnival, I hope you're listening!!!

I really don't mind the graphics. In fact I like some of it. But what I really don't like is that they make you pick your month to see the cruises. They only show a maximum of the 3 dates for a sailing. That is OK if you are set on a certain time, but not if you are able to travel at other times. It is nice to see when the least expensive cruise is without having to check every-single-month.

Plus there is no way for me to easily search for solo cruise prices as even those options have been dropped and the specials page won't function on my computer on any browser. You have to go through to the booking process to see what the solo pricing is going to be.

I have no problems with it and I honestly don't understand why everyone dislikes it so much. And actually, I like it better. It's so much easier to see the itineraries when you are searching for a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app