VIFP and family members

Sabalon

Odd question I think.

We're going on our third cruise (third for the wife and I, second for the kids) on Carnival.

I'm the one doing all the booking and have my VIFP number for checking rates, booking, etc.

However, my wife and kids don't have one. At least that I know of. Is Carnival tracking this behind the scenes based on name, address, DoB?

So are the accumulating points or just me? I'm gonna ask my wife if she can find her card from the last cruise, but that'll be a needle in a haystack!

Thanks

Odd question I think.

We're going on our third cruise (third for the wife and I, second for the kids) on Carnival.

I'm the one doing all the booking and have my VIFP number for checking rates, booking, etc.

However, my wife and kids don't have one. At least that I know of. Is Carnival tracking this behind the scenes based on name, address, DoB?

So are the accumulating points or just me? I'm gonna ask my wife if she can find her card from the last cruise, but that'll be a needle in a haystack!

Thanks

Just do any mock booking. After selecting the number of cabins and number of people, you will come to a "Tell Us About Yourself" screen. Check the "Show Rates for VIFP Club", then click "Forgot Your VIFP Number?", then enter her name and birthdate....her VIFP number will show up. Write it down!

Go to the carnival website, log in and go to Manage my Cruise. Click on "My Guests" and you can see the VIFP# for everyone in your cabin. If there is more than one cabin in your group you can tie them all together and be able to view everything.

You only get points for the days you cruise, not others.

Thanks. I'll go for the "Forgot my number" approach and then call Carnival...may be impossible having two teens find cards in their rooms!

I know I don't get credit for their sailings - however I want to make sure they get credits for their sailings, so if we start doing this more often they'll get closer to an advance status. Who knows - may help them down the line when they get out on their own or something noble like that :)

Thanks. I'll go for the "Forgot my number" approach and then call Carnival...may be impossible having two teens find cards in their rooms!

I know I don't get credit for their sailings - however I want to make sure they get credits for their sailings, so if we start doing this more often they'll get closer to an advance status. Who knows - may help them down the line when they get out on their own or something noble like that :)

Definitely will help them if they continue to cruise. There are small children who are Diamond.

Go to the carnival website, log in and go to Manage my Cruise. Click on "My Guests" and you can see the VIFP# for everyone in your cabin. If there is more than one cabin in your group you can tie them all together and be able to view everything.

You only get points for the days you cruise, not others.

You do not need to call. Follow these instructions and you will see their VIFP numbers

Thanks all...that was super simple. Went to enroll for an account, yes, I've sailed before and then used the lookup vifp from right there. Little easier than the mock booking.

Thanks again!

My son has been cruising since he was 8. When it came time to book his honeymoon cruise last year (at 23 yrs of age) I looked up his number & had him use it to book his cruise. He (gold VIFP) took his wife (newbie blue!) & had an amazing time enjoying their cruise he purchased & upgraded with VIFP perks! :cool:

Thanks all...that was super simple. Went to enroll for an account, yes, I've sailed before and then used the lookup vifp from right there. Little easier than the mock booking.

Thanks again!

Did the same thing for the person I am cruising with next, except it couldnt find their reservation. I just created an account for them and clicked on the link to find a missing cruise. The next day they merged the old and new accounts. Very simple