MSC Divina Eataly - thoughts please

Mattnvick

I know food is very subjective but I am toying with the idea of one night in Eataly when aboard in November.

For those who have eaten there did you enjoy it? Was it in your opinion worth it? and did you prepay or just decide when you were on board?

Paying before we go with online booking seems like a good deal to me.

I know food is very subjective but I am toying with the idea of one night in Eataly when aboard in November.

For those who have eaten there did you enjoy it? Was it in your opinion worth it? and did you prepay or just decide when you were on board?

We only ate there once and off a set menu, so I can't say except to note the high quality of our meal. We also ate in Galaxy, a much lighter meal but the view out the plate glass windows was fantastic. Check it out first

Sometimes after you board you go by there and they will give you a 20% discount.

I just got off the ship and I selected this restaurant for my birthday celebration. It was delicious. You have many different choices. A la carte or 3 course meal for $35 or 6 course meal for $65 per person. We did not prepaid. We prepaid our premium drinking package and selected the bottles of wine for dinner. Image1465173983.123610.jpg.372e059de658f2a249782fe3786200dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got off the ship and I selected this restaurant for my birthday celebration. It was delicious. You have many different choices. A la carte or 3 course meal for $35 or 6 course meal for $65 per person. We did not prepaid. We prepaid our premium drinking package and selected the bottles of wine for dinner. [ATTACH]387254[/ATTACH]

this is for restaurant italia not for eataly steakhouse isn't it?

We went to eataly and prepaid. You had the choice of a starter, a main and a dessert, the only option that you were not allowed to pick was the $60 (?) T-Bone steak

Menus:

https://plucasana.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/eataly1.pdf

The food was fine but the atmosphere was not very cosy!

Would NOT do it again!

We went for lunch on our last sea day in February. We didn't prepay and it was not busy. The four of us ordered a pasta dish only, and they were all delicious!! (seafood, cacio e pepe, tomato/basil sauce). We were really happy with our decision to give it a try. Next time we want to have the Eataly pizza.

• 2 months later...

Our experience was very lackluster. So much so I asked for a redo. Steaks were not cooked. Service was SLOW and very inattentive... Just not what was expected for the up charge... MSC offers the same meal in the dining room. We had that the next night and it was fantastic! Was told that the meat was from the Eataly but cooked in the main dining room kitchen. What a difference a new chef made with the addition of our own wait staff at the table...

Edited by squawk1200

The first time my daughter and I ate at Eataly, we LOVED it. We had a special...$15 for an a la carte T-bone steak, bread, and a glass of wine. The BEST steak I've ever eaten! Since then, I've eaten there 3 times as a Black Card member. The fixed menu was sub par and the steak was pretty much inedible. I was so disappointed as our first visit was such a treat! I did not use my free meal the last cruise and I probably will not when we board again in September. We also went to Galaxy but there was nothing on the fixed menu that I eat...Unfortunately, it was mostly seafood and that is not to my own personal liking. (Picky...I know!)

We got to try it using the black card perks. This is only a tasting menu for those black card holders. I thought it was ok, nothing spectacular to want to book another night there. It was also very tiny portions.

You'd imagine the Black Card menu would be an opportunity to produce a great meal to entice you to return as a paying customer. :rolleyes:

Just returned from the Divina. We were status matched and received a Black Card. Included as a perk was a meal in a specialty restaurant.

We ate at Eataly. Set Tastings menu which included a paper bag of sliced bread brought to our table followed by a plate of gross Italian style cold cuts, followed by a salad with the same gross meat beneath the greens. A small bowl of alfredo style spaghetti was next and it was the best course of the meal. Then, five slices of beef followed. Very meh.. so meh.. we couldn't wait to get out of there and didn't stay for dessert.

Hubby said free or not, he would never go there again. Doesn't begin to compare with Cagney's on NCL.

Atmosphere in Eataly was horrible. Pergo type light flooring with plastic clear and red modern looking cheapy chairs.

Service was horrible, and we're talking lunch time with maybe 6 tables full. It took 2 hours, and the waiter kept apologizing. Saw 2 people send their food back.

Think twice before going if you have to pay for it.

Edited by SnootieTootie

Atmosphere in Eataly was horrible. Pergo type light flooring with plastic clear and red modern looking cheapy chairs.

Totally agree!! The "cheapy" chairs are actually very expensive, designer ones :eek: The whole ambience is cold and harsh and too bright. That's why I favour Galaxy. The atmosphere overall in MSC Speciality Restaurants is seriously lacking.