Ship activities to to be missed

astridwilson

Sailing POA end of August. I saw someone post about a ship Luoa that starts at 4pm. We plan to be off the ship every day when in port. We do plan to have dinner every night back on the ship. Granted some evenings it may be late. Are there activities that we should plan for on the ship while in port?

There are many planned activities but nothing "not to miss", so I thought. We went to a couple of shows and they we just okay. We were also exhausted by the time we got back onboard! Like cb said, the ship is your transportation and hotel. Enjoy your island time!

Sailing POA end of August. I saw someone post about a ship Luoa that starts at 4pm. We plan to be off the ship every day when in port. We do plan to have dinner every night back on the ship. Granted some evenings it may be late. Are there activities that we should plan for on the ship while in port?

There is nothing ON the ship that I would say is a don't miss, although there are plenty of activities and shows. We did not see any of the shows, prefering to just relax on the aft deck and turn in early, but there is one show, I believe in the theatre, not sure the name or night, that they fly in performers from Luaus on O'ahu to perform. We happened to overhear a conversation and the guy said he flies to meet the ship every week from O'ahu. Sorry I don't even recall the port, so not much help. But this might be a good one to catch, as it is not just the usual ship performers.

I'm not sure if the "ship" luau you mentioned is a ship excursion or just something akin to a deck barbecue, but they call a luau instead. If so, nothing you couldn't miss. But the ship does offer an excursion to a luau on the Kauai overnight, and I have seen people reference having to be back at the ship around 4:00 to catch the tour bus. So, this might be something you are interested in if you have never done a luau, but if you have a car, you might look into the option of booking it independently and just driving yourself. Probably much cheaper, and less of a time crunch as it probably does not start until 5:00 or 6:00.

Edited by punkincc