Formal nights on princess

ggglo

Formal nights are in the dining rooms including Anytime dining. On some ships Anytime and Traditional are mixed in one MDR. As Anytime becomes more popular they have started to mix the two in on dining room. Most specialty restaurants don't adhere to the requirement of formal night.

yes I understand the specialty restaurants don't apply. My question is, does the formal night attire requirements apply to anytime diners? I gather the answer is yes?

yes I understand the specialty restaurants don't apply. My question is, does the formal night attire requirements apply to anytime diners? I gather the answer is yes?

Yes. [emoji1]

hi WE travel for the first time on princess star alaska in july >

Am I right in reading the posts that alaska is more smart casual on dress nights ???:confused:

On our Alaskan cruise we noticed people dressed more casually, but smart casual is NOT the norm.

At the time I wore a tux (now I mostly wear a suit and tie), and saw about 1/4 of the guys with sport coats.

Seeing as this is your first time on Princess, I suggest you dress really nicely and sample the romantic atmosphere and elegance of the evening. Formal nights really are different, and it can be fun to be a part of it.

I think my wife is definitely worth my dressing up and helping make the evening special. Isn't everyone's spouse?

On our Alaskan cruise we noticed people dressed more casually, but smart casual is NOT the norm.

At the time I wore a tux (now I mostly wear a suit and tie), and saw about 1/4 of the guys with sport coats.

Seeing as this is your first time on Princess, I suggest you dress really nicely and sample the romantic atmosphere and elegance of the evening. Formal nights really are different, and it can be fun to be a part of it.

I think my wife is definitely worth my dressing up and helping make the evening special. Isn't everyone's spouse?

Your my kind of Prince! ;) :)

We posted at the same time prince. I agree, my wife is definitely worth showing off, and she always enjoyed that part of the experience. That was a big part of the cruise experience. But the last several cruises she has "dialed it down" because it's just not the same anymore unfortunately. But keep it alive!

From our experience,it won't be any more difficult to book a specialty venue if you are not dressed in formal wear….

the quality of food for dinner in the buffet varies from night to night and ship to ship…sometimes we see similar options on the menu in the buffet but certainly not every evening…in our humble opinions the royal and the regal have the BEST BY FAR buffet options.

And, i feel your last question is a very good one….my wife and i quit doing formal night attire some years back and hit the buffet on formal nights….actually every night….

everyone is different and too each his/her own….

In the evenings i will be the guy wearing a tommy bahama (collared )shirt, cargo shorts(neatly pressed) and boats shoes and not visiting the dining rooms. I will however be frequenting the bars and other venues throughout the ship. I have come to suspect a very small minority of my fellow passengers forget that the rules on formal wear extend to the dining rooms and NOT the entire ship….

On those formal nights, while in the elevator, in a bar, or walking in the piazza, every so often i receive the "stink eye" for what i assume is my choice of attire ….The person offering that non-verbal facial gesture is ALWAYS dressed more formally than i, but he or she is certainly not as comfortable as me.

After a couple hundred days on cruise ships, i can not think of ONE moment where my cruise experience was negatively impacted by what someone else was wearing.

After 35 years of marriage and wearing a suit and tie most of my working life, my wife is ok with my choices (well, except when the colors are not coordinated and she shakes her head and makes me change a shirt).

Rather than a tuxedo, i am counting on my boyish smile and keen wit to keep her married to me for another 35 years.

Ah, thanks very much. My husband, too, has worn a suit and tie most of his working life. Well, after the navy. ;) And, while I understand why some love the idea of formal night, it's just not for us anymore or at least, for now.

I'm happy to know that we can frequent any place on the ship other than the MDR.

I'm am quite sure that your boyish smile and keen wit is quite enough for your wife. :)

P.S. thanks, also, to Blue_Water for your response. It was much appreciated.

I'm glad. However I am taken.

Today is our 47th wedding anniversary.

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife! :) We too are married 47 years this past March. My guy is super special and I dare say your wife would say the same about you. :D