Picture-A-Week-2016 - Week 24

Bad weather day, so thought take a picture of my past toys. Models of cars I was fortunate to own since 1964. Started with 1963 Chevy II and now have the Cadillac SRX. Bought models of the cars so I would not forget.

Now retired I have slowed down with cars, only own one and it's a lease. lol

DSC00055-001_zpshvmkipsh.jpg

Tom :cool:

Edited by c230k

Vic,

The easiest way to get rid of the branches on the left would be to crop them out. It makes the image smaller but it doesn't seem to impact image quality when I played with it on my MacBook. I never do well at it, but there are loads of editing software out there that can erase them or blend them so that they merge into the background. For me cropping is much less work and creates a better image as I am lousy at blending them into the background.

It's a lovely kitty shot.

Stevi

how do I edit out those twigs on the left hand side?

Vic

If you use photoshop, there are various ways. One plug-in is made by MacPhun called SnapHeal which you can "paint" the objects you want to delete and hit "erase". You can also do the same with PS or Lightroom - I prefer using the plug-in.

So how do I edit out those twigs on the left hand side?

Vic

You spend 4-5 minutes with the Photoshop healing brush...;)

p1998944124.jpg

If you use photoshop, there are various ways. One plug-in is made by MacPhun called SnapHeal which you can "paint" the objects you want to delete and hit "erase". You can also do the same with PS or Lightroom - I prefer using the plug-in.

PS has a feature called Content Aware Fill that works like your description. You can paint a mask or use the Polygonal Lasso tool to outline it and press delete...same magic, different name.

Dave

Edited by pierces

You spend 4-5 minutes with the Photoshop healing brush...;)

p1998944124.jpg

PS has a feature called Content Aware Fill that works like your description. You can paint a mask or use the Polygonal Lasso tool to outline it and press delete...same magic, different name.

Dave

Beautiful Dave! I need to practice more. I thought about cropping it, but I like the proportions as is.

Thank you!

Vic

In a week filled with awesome cakes and cute kids, I chose a picture of a work-in-progress that illustrates an old woodworking adage..."you can never have too many clamps!"

p2133796388-5.jpg

Dave

Went to the Dallas Zoo this weekend with the family (braved intermittent torrential downpours...kept the crowds away). This guy kinda looked how I felt dealing with the heat and humidity.

27022746064_23453bfa50_b.jpg

Dallas Zoo Giraffe by ikirumata, on Flickr

We often visit our son in Houston...I am sweating in sympathy.

Great catch!

Dave

Returned from an Alaska trip. We lucked out on weather during the Tundra Wilderness Tour in Denali. Image is an HDR composite from a five-image exposure bracket using Lightroom. Olympus E-M5 mk II.

160608-3588-HDR_zpslaw9nc3x.jpg