Hotels in Fort Lauderdale that provide transportation to port?

mikeysed

You don't offer a lot as far as details. Which port are you off to? Are you looking at beach locations? Are you working with a budget? Is this just for one prenight stay? What time do you arrive?

Now re the transportation to the port. Do not book your hotel based on an offered shuttle (free or paid) . The city area is small and you are limiting your choices. Cab fares to Port Everglades are basically under $20 from anywhere in the city/FLL area.

There are many many threads addressing hotel areas and amenities. Start researching and then come on back for specifics about a hotel or two.;)

Edited by eandj

I too had the same questions- we are driving down the night before the Nov 19 sailing on Independance and had read about free parking at the hotel you stay at the night before. Is this a good thing or is it safer to simply pay and park at the port's parking? We are a family of 2 parents and 2 young girls under age of 8.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info

I would not limit my search to hotels offering "free" port shuttles - taxis are cheap and the distances are not far if you focus on the airport or 17th street/downtown sections. Lots of hotels to choose from in a variety of price levels.

For cruise parking I would use the link above or search http://www.parksleepfly.com and http://www.stay123.com. Parking at the port is convenient, or there are off site parking options often suggested.

A hotel shuttle to the port is a "non-issue" in Fort Lauderdale. If you stay in the 17th street area, which is generally the preferred location for pre-cruise for a number of reasons, then the airport, hotels and cruise port are all within a few miles of each other. Do not limit yourself only to hotels with a shuttle. Even if I had a free shuttle, I would take a taxi or Uber instead.

On our last cruise we took Uber to port Everglades. The total cost for two people with luggage was $5.83. The driver was nice and arrived in two minutes. The car was clean. We were at the port about 3 minutes later.

Hi - Going to book soon for my November cruise. Flying into FLL.

Wondering good hotels to stay at that provide transportation.

Thank you,

Mike

To answer your question directly, the best (IMO) hotel for this is Springhill Suites in Dania Beach. Free shuttles from airport and to the port. Friendly staff, good free breakfast and nice oversized rooms. Only negative is the lack of restaurants nearby (except for fast food).

We also stay at Hyatt Place on 17th (Convention Center). Free shuttle from the airport, paid one to the port (but it is so close we take a taxi - lots of them around for about $10). Free breakfast (good) and plenty of shopping and dining options closeby.

We also stay at Hyatt Place on 17th (Convention Center). Free shuttle from the airport, paid one to the port (but it is so close we take a taxi - lots of them around for about $10). Free breakfast (good) and plenty of shopping and dining options closeby.

Just booked the Hyatt for October. There was a mention of a $2 airport fee per room and the shuttles to the port are $7 per person. I'll likely just take a cab.