Using a Travel Agent to book

Little Rascal

I thought I read here that a lot of folks got a 15% savings using a travel agent instead of booking through Viking? I can't find it now? Anyways, is the 15 % off on all rooms or only the higher priced? My travel agent said it depends on the price of the stateroom determines the discount. I was just wondering what others have saved with their travel agents?

My travel agent saves us at least 15% and we never book the most expensive, usually one of the cheapest. My TA advertises that they offer the best cruise prices guaranteed. I've booked with them for probably over 20 cruises. Never been disappointed. You can always google several agencies and send out requests for bids on whichever cruise you are interested in and see what they offer.

I thought I read here that a lot of folks got a 15% savings using a travel agent instead of booking through Viking? I can't find it now? Anyways, is the 15 % off on all rooms or only the higher priced? My travel agent said it depends on the price of the stateroom determines the discount. I was just wondering what others have saved with their travel agents?

My TA gives 15% off Viking. It does not matter which category you book. Maybe some TA's give discounts based on the category of room you book but mine gives 15% off the total booking price.

We booked our cruise today for May 29, 2018. We are taking the Viking Homelands cruise on the Viking Sea. We got 15% off our room price. Thank you!!! I started the roll call but it's so early I don't know if anyone else has booked yet. Thanks for the wonderful Travel agent referral.

Glad you found a good TA. Was it the same one that you had or did you find a new one? I can't figure out why folks would book directly with Viking. 15% is a heck of a lot of money!

Because it's very difficult these days to find a good one. Most everyone I know books their own trips direct. If I'm doing all the research and work - I would expect more at least 15% and I've not seen any offering that kind of discount.

I'm not going with any of the online ones - I've heard horror stories! I want a brick & mortar so I know where they are if there's a problem. And once you go through a TA - you lose your ability to resolve problems they are not taking care of.

I booked our hotel in Amsterdam direct with the hotel - paid a bit more, but I can cancel up to 24 hours in advance. All the online booking sites had discounts, but you couldn't cancel. Would have cost me more to add insurance for that 2 night stay, than booking direct.

If I ever find a great local TA - I'd change my mind, but so far no luck