Splendor / Breeze

april_4_us

So were booked on the splendor for next april. I am hearing this ship is not going to be doing us trips and it will actually be the breeze renamed. I guess i am wondering since seaside bbq and guys are on the breeze but not on splendor?

The Splendor is scheduled to go to China in 2018. Unless Carnival announces otherwise...your cruise should take place as scheduled. Correct...guys and bbq are not on the Splendor.

Edited by cruizinator

So were booked on the splendor for next april. I am hearing this ship is not going to be doing us trips and it will actually be the breeze renamed. I guess i am wondering since seaside bbq and guys are on the breeze but not on splendor?

It's going to China.

We just returned yesterday from an 8 day on the Splendor. This was cruise 6 with Carnival and I have yet to get a ship with the 2.0 upgrade. I didn't miss it though, because I was happy with all it had to offer! You'll have a great time :)

We just returned yesterday from an 8 day on the Splendor. This was cruise 6 with Carnival and I have yet to get a ship with the 2.0 upgrade. I didn't miss it though, because I was happy with all it had to offer! You'll have a great time :)

I saw that you went to Catalina Island. We have booked the same excursion for July. Was wondering how much the beer was costing on the island and if we should try to get some at the port to take over with us. Also, did you snorkel and was it worth taking equipment for? Thanks

I saw that you went to Catalina Island. We have booked the same excursion for July. Was wondering how much the beer was costing on the island and if we should try to get some at the port to take over with us. Also, did you snorkel and was it worth taking equipment for? Thanks

The pricing of all drinks should be similar to the port. Catalina is part of Los Angeles County (a mere 26 miles across the sea, remember the song?) having LA County Sheriffs and Fire Department. Have been there often. Sleepy little immaculately clean town, Avalon, with local pricing made available to the tourists. I've been there many times, most recently on 2 of Carnival's smaller ships, the Inspiration and the Imagination.

Can't speak to the snorkeling. The Pacific is colder water coming down the coast from Canada with more plankton and never as clear as Caribbean water so visibility will be limited. Having said that, however, many So Cal residence love to snorkel Catalina and the other islands off the coast.

Edited by glrounds

Booked on the Breeze in October. Have cruised the Splendor 3 times and loved her, but confused over what is "2.0 upgrade" (have been away from the big Carnival ships for 3-4 years) ?

2.0 is a set of upgrades that they started adding in 2011. They include Guy's burger Bar, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog Rum bar, Blue Iguana Tequilla Bar, Alchemy Bar, Red Frog Pub, Cherry On Top, EA Sports bar(changing to Skybox Sports bar) and there may be a cpl others that I have forgetten.

The pricing of all drinks should be similar to the port. Catalina is part of Los Angeles County (a mere 26 miles across the sea, remember the song?) having LA County Sheriffs and Fire Department. Have been there often. Sleepy little immaculately clean town, Avalon, with local pricing made available to the tourists. I've been there many times, most recently on 2 of Carnival's smaller ships, the Inspiration and the Imagination.

Can't speak to the snorkeling. The Pacific is colder water coming down the coast from Canada with more plankton and never as clear as Caribbean water so visibility will be limited. Having said that, however, many So Cal residence love to snorkel Catalina and the other islands off the coast.

There is another Catalina in the caribbean. I believe it is in the DR

2.0 is a set of upgrades that they started adding in 2011. They include Guy's burger Bar, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog Rum bar, Blue Iguana Tequilla Bar, Alchemy Bar, Red Frog Pub, Cherry On Top, EA Sports bar(changing to Skybox Sports bar) and there may be a cpl others that I have forgetten.

Playlist productions. (Not sure if that is official 2.0 upgrade, but they're rolling them out to ships at the same time at the least). Basically putting a subset of the same production shows on all the ships.

We actually didn't drink anything but the free punch when we got off the ferry. I'm sorry we didn't look at the prices. It's a very small, private but beautiful beach. We rented the Snorkle equipment for about $10 a piece. There were a lot of fish swimming around. The water drops off pretty quick once you get in. We ventured out past the ropes. There were some boats anchored not far off shore with people snorkeling.