Dream Cabin Service question

storelady

Is it true that the cabins are only serviced once a day and that you have to choose between day and night service? If you choose day service does that mean your bed is not turned down and clean towels provided at night?

Is it true that the cabins are only serviced once a day and that you have to choose between day and night service? If you choose day service does that mean your bed is not turned down and clean towels provided at night?

If they would swap the towels once a day they could forget the rest and I'd be fine with that.

I was on the Dream this past April and you can certainly pick both. If, by chance, your room steward demands you pick only one (doubtful) make a call to Guest Services. We had twice a day service with no pushback from the steward. Enjoy the ship and cruise!

We were on the Dream in May. Our room steward, Sugeng, gave us the option of AM, PM, or Both. We chose PM since we had 3 sea days and Belize where we were staying on the ship and would want to sleep in and not worry about having to get out so he could clean. We also asked for extra towels, robes, and ice....all of which he happily provided to us. PM worked great for us. Our room was kept clean, we had enough towels for 2 showers a day, and he not only kept a full ice bucket in our room but he filled my soft-sided Carnival Cooler without my even asking.

No, it is not true. You are given a choice of morning, evening or both. If you want both, just pick that option. We did and were given great service by our steward. No big deal.

Still surprised that our steward didnt even ask and gave us service twice daily.

Thank everyone so much for your quick and informative replies. So glad to hear we can have service AM and PM. What a great place CC is to get answers to all your questions.:)

Thanks again and happy cruising to all.

Just off the Dream and our steward asked us when we wanted room serviced. He did not make it sound like we had the option of both but that didn't bother me. We asked for evening service but he always services our room when we were gone for breakfast which was aggravating. I don't want to complain about a clean room but I wanted it cleaned in the evening for a reason.

Just off the Dream and our steward asked us when we wanted room serviced. He did not make it sound like we had the option of both but that didn't bother me. We asked for evening service but he always services our room when we were gone for breakfast which was aggravating. I don't want to complain about a clean room but I wanted it cleaned in the evening for a reason.

I bet if you had communicated your desires (again, if needed) he would have followed your directions.

So why didnt you speak to him and ask him to do it in the evening?

I didn't take off tips or anything. Geez. I was just explaining what happened in my situation. In the end it wasn't the end of the world so we just let it be. I'm just telling the story so this person knows they may need to be specific if they want morning or evening only service. Checking the box is apparently not specific enough as I found out.

We were on the Dream last week. I filled out the form for evening thinking I had to make a choice. The room steward stopped me in the hall and asked if I wanted morning and evening I said yes and had great service the entire week.

I know everyone is certainly different. My niece's husband does not want anyone ever coming to clean the room. I can not even image,as for me I want my room cleaned both am and pm that is part of the fun of cruising. So I guess they are trying to try to meet everyone's needs.

Edited by pink roses

Oh I like this. We haven't been on a Carnival ship in a long time since the kids were young and then you had to have someone twice! I generally pick up in the morning and I always feel a touch rushed to leave the room so it can be cleaned so being able to request a cleaning at night only is great. I love the bed all smooth and the sheets turned down and the lights dimmed and clean towels before I turn in at night. This is a great idea on Carnival's part to let people "customize" that cleaning piece. The only thing I'll miss is fresh ice, but I'm sure I could ask for night cleaning but freshen the ice once at some point during the day.