I Get Only One Night on the Amsterdam! A Few Questions...

Roy, thank you so much! This completely changes what I thought that day would look like! I'll be there on a Sunday and it appears they're open whenever there's a ship in port--there will be three the day I'm there. This will give me the opportunity to treat this like a port of all even though I'm changing ships that day.

Excellent!

Isn't amazing what you can learn on Cruise Critic? :)

Excellent!

Isn't amazing what you can learn on Cruise Critic? :)

Yes! This is exactly why I've been a member for so long. I get tired of posters that seem to be here just to be rude (maybe the HAL forum is immune?) but I deal with it because of little gems like Roy's information. :D I've been to Vancouver before but never been to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, and now I'll be able to do that since I'll have a place to store my luggage. All because Roy took the time to post a suggestion. I love that!

I get tired of posters that seem to be here just to be rude (maybe the HAL forum is immune?)...

Oh, you have a sense of humor too! :D

I've been to Vancouver before but never been to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, and now I'll be able to do that since I'll have a place to store my luggage. All because Roy took the time to post a suggestion. I love that!

I hope you get there, it is well worth the trip!

Not wishing to rain on your parade, OP, but I would echo the warning given by others that the food and service may not be representative of a regular, even a seven-day cruise. We met a women in London recently who will never set foot again on HAL because of a very bad experience on one of HAL's 2-3 day cruise. So, please, if you encounter less than stellar dining or service, do not think that this is typical. It definitely is not typical.

Not wishing to rain on your parade, OP, but I would echo the warning given by others that the food and service may not be representative of a regular, even a seven-day cruise. We met a women in London recently who will never set foot again on HAL because of a very bad experience on one of HAL's 2-3 day cruise. So, please, if you encounter less than stellar dining or service, do not think that this is typical. It definitely is not typical.

Yes, I'm very much aware this won't be representative of a longer cruise or give me a real taste of what a HAL cruise is like. As I said in a previous post, what I'm most looking forward to is exploring the ship as I've heard HAL ships have a more old-school nautical feel than a couple of the lines I've sailed. You're not raining on my parade at all--not going into it with high expectations.

Thanks!

As I said in a previous post, what I'm most looking forward to is exploring the ship as I've heard HAL ships have a more old-school nautical feel than a couple of the lines I've sailed
Amsterdam was my first HAL ship, and is still my favorite because of the "classic" feel. Don't miss the Crow's Nest. :)

Yes! This is exactly why I've been a member for so long. I get tired of posters that seem to be here just to be rude (maybe the HAL forum is immune?) but I deal with it because of little gems like Roy's information. :D I've been to Vancouver before but never been to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, and now I'll be able to do that since I'll have a place to store my luggage. All because Roy took the time to post a suggestion. I love that!

Enjoy the Capilano Suspension Bridge. It is really neat!

Yes, I'm very much aware this won't be representative of a longer cruise or give me a real taste of what a HAL cruise is like. As I said in a previous post, what I'm most looking forward to is exploring the ship as I've heard HAL ships have a more old-school nautical feel than a couple of the lines I've sailed. You're not raining on my parade at all--not going into it with high expectations.

Thanks!

You are going into it with exactly the right attitude! Enjoy the ship!