Carnival Lowest Price Guarantee

Kevin308

First I want to thank the board. I have spend years lurking got close to booking a cruise many times. But at the first the year we did it we booked a cruise for our 20th anniversary.

I have learned a lot from this board. I just want to share something I do see mentioned often. Carnival Carantee's the lowest price on shore excursions and if you find it cheaper they give you 110% the difference. What I want to make sure everyone knows that it isn't a gimmick do match.

I found one of my excursions cheaper and filled out the form. Two days latter I got an email giving me a on board credit for 110% of the difference. So if you are scared to death of getting left behind and still want to get a good deal make sure to look at this option because you can save money this way.

This is true. It does have to exactly match, all ameneties included.

We did a match for a zipline excursion we evetually took in Alaska last week. Two days later we received an email awarding it.

The tax will also come into play. On an excursion booked through Carnival you're not taxed. If you book on your own, in Alaska, you are taxed. Carnival will take the difference between they're rate and the private (fully taxed) rate.

Edited by musikfans

What excursion did you book? Was the private one exactly the same? Mine was denied because the Carnival one provided a box lunch.

The excursions have to be 100% identical.

I was able to take advantage of it with my Puerto Vallarta excursion. Carnival had Rhythms of the Night for $115/pp, and I found it for $89. So they gave me $29.69/pp. Can't complain about that.

I just found our excursion -exactly the same - and I just filed to the form. We booked an excursion in St Maarten through the Carnival at a rate of 109.99 and the exact same excursion can be purchased for 69.99 from the vendors website. That's quite a savings! I hope I get it!

What excursion did you book? Was the private one exactly the same? Mine was denied because the Carnival one provided a box lunch.

ALTUN HA & BELIZE CITY TOUR The one I found not though carnival not only was cheaper but provided lunch. The Carnival tour does not provide lunch. I got a nice on board credit. I saved $30.24 per person

Edited by Kevin308

You've inspired me to try again. I just submitted a new form. We'll see what happens. Did some more research and think I found one $30 cheaper per person that includes transportation, lunch, guide - same as Carnival. I'll let you know what response I get.

I just found our excursion -exactly the same - and I just filed to the form. We booked an excursion in St Maarten through the Carnival at a rate of 109.99 and the exact same excursion can be purchased for 69.99 from the vendors website. That's quite a savings! I hope I get it!

Which excursion in St Maarten? I am going there next year and am looking at excursions.

Edited by vwrestler171

Two questions.

1. Do you have to file the form twice if both you and your spouse book the excursion?

2. Does exact include starting time? There is an excursion we want in Barbados. The Carnival price is $79.99, and the excursion is at 8:45. The private price I found is $64, with a starting time at 10:30. Both are for 3 hours. Would this qualify?

Two questions.

1. Do you have to file the form twice if both you and your spouse book the excursion?

2. Does exact include starting time? There is an excursion we want in Barbados. The Carnival price is $79.99, and the excursion is at 8:45. The private price I found is $64, with a starting time at 10:30. Both are for 3 hours. Would this qualify?

If all amenities are identical it should qualify.

Also, you only need to fill one form for all that were booked through same booking.

Thanks for sharing this! I've been planning 6 months now for a fall cruise and on CC about every day. I don't know what it is but I never caught on before nor did I pick up the guarantee on carnivals site. just filed for a price difference I found online for an identical excursion in jamaica, hopefully I'll get a little OBC which should net me about a bucket of beer!

If all amenities are identical it should qualify.

Also, you only need to fill one form for all that were booked through same booking.

Thank you for your very quick answer to my questions.

Uxmal excursion price guarantee denied. They said it was required with the private being booked with a hotel room, but it can be booked without a hotel. I replied to the deny email. Anyone have luck with Uxmal?