Topless Sunbathing On Balcony??

momofslg

I read in another post where a couple decided to get "comfortable" on thier balcony. All was well until they passed another ship in the channel. The people on the other ship's balconies got quite a show :eek:.

Hope nobody recognized me!:rolleyes:

Oh my gosh! On our last cruise, which happened to be on Zuiderdam, I was on the top deck looking down toward the water. I was standing on the side of the ship. The side balconies jutted out just a bit farther than the top deck. There was an elderly gentleman who was sunbathing topless and BOTTOMLESS on his balcony. I want to believe he didn't realize that those above had a view..... FYI, on Zuiderdam, the aft balconies are clearly visible from decks above (although I didn't observe any inappropriate sunbathing) so I am glad we chose a side balcony which was not on the highest deck.

Oh my gosh! On our last cruise, which happened to be on Zuiderdam, I was on the top deck looking down toward the water. I was standing on the side of the ship. The side balconies jutted out just a bit farther than the top deck. There was an elderly gentleman who was sunbathing topless and BOTTOMLESS on his balcony. I want to believe he didn't realize that those above had a view..... FYI, on Zuiderdam, the aft balconies are clearly visible from decks above (although I didn't observe any inappropriate sunbathing) so I am glad we chose a side balcony which was not on the highest deck.

Generally looking down you can't see anyone but your neighbors to the side could look around the divider and see you. Also, remember the ship has a zillion cameras at all different angles that might capture the view. Just a thought. But if you don't mind giving someone a thrill....go for it.

Generally looking down you can't see anyone but your neighbors to the side could look around the divider and see you. Also, remember the ship has a zillion cameras at all different angles that might capture the view. Just a thought. But if you don't mind giving someone a thrill....go for it.

They have cameras in your staterooms and balconies?? no way! :eek:

haha no cameras on the balconies. On Voyager class ships, though, the aft balconies are quite visible to the levels above, and deck 10 is quite visible to the Island Grill patrons lunching above. You can get out of the line of sight but that takes you out of the sun. Side balconies are quite private, you have to stretch your neck an awful lot to see around the partitions, according to the lady in the cabin next to mine.

How do you think your cabin steward knows when you leave so he can tidy up the cabin? ;)

LOL that was hilarious, and got me thinking, ..I thought they just had a 6th sense .....Of course I don't believe for a second there are cameras in our staterooms, but tell you what, ...next cruise I go on ( less than a month to Tahiti, ..I'm not bragging ;) ...lol) I'll be checking the room out for little camera holes. :D

Who cares - your're on a cruise and won't see anyone ever again anyway! Like they say at Nike Just do it! :)

Funny thing, we went on a cruise in Oct. 2001 & then again in Oct. 2003 - same ship, different weeks - & we ran into a family from England that sailed both times. So, it's possible. :)

BTW - whenever we've had verandahs, we aren't always covered up totally :rolleyes: when we're out at sea. That's the advantage of having that type of cabin -- being able to relax as you would like to. Only if someone were to stick their heads around the separations could they see us. :eek:

It is correct that they do not have a special deck for nude sunbathing on RCI, right? They did have on Carnival when I went there.

Only on the European cruises............no other itineraries............

I have an aft balcony on deck 9 (AOS) any problems with voyerism?

I have to laugh. I'm from Europe (UK) and topless sunbathing has been the norm here for more than 30 years now, on beaches and at hotel pools. I find it so amusing how the Americans are so prudish about this and even one of you refered to it being 'inappropriate'. It absolutely is not big deal once you become accustomed to it. Now it is about time that the prudish attitudes of my dear and much love American cousins caught up with us here in Europe over this issue. I even have some British friends that are reluctant to cruise with us because they have heard that topless sunbathing is disapproved on USA ships. Shame they are really nice people too and would be such welcome fellow ship mates.

I find it so amusing how the Americans are so prudish about this and even one of you refered to it being 'inappropriate'. It absolutely is not big deal once you become accustomed to it. Now it is about time that the prudish attitudes of my dear and much love American cousins caught up with us here in Europe over this issue.

I agree. Now on the count of three all the ladies remove their tops.

ONE......TWO........THREE.......(.)(.)....Now don't you feel better and nobody laughed or pointed!

I see lots of scary moles showing up. If you want a tan there, you'd better

toughen up by going topless to work, to football games, and to the

PTA. Lived in Fl all my life, got my b--bs badly burned one time...I paid

for it years later.

as to how the steward knows when to clean. i have heard they know when you enter your room and things like from when you swipe your seapass

Room stewards don't have access to the logs, only ship security does in case they need a record for a problem or crime

Archived