Moderno Menu?

Jme4166

We are sailing on the Gem in Nov and was wondering if anyone has a copy of the menu in Moderno? This is our first time sailing NCL and have no clue. I tried to search it and could not find one.

Google "Beyondships moderno" and you will find it there.

But you don't order from a menu at this restaurant. It's Brazilian steakhouse-style dining. There is a giant salad bar, and they walk around constantly with all the meats, and you take what you want, and pass on what you don't. Then you keep eating until you don't want any more.

You don't order off a menu, they just bring stuff around and ask if you want it. There should be a list of the types of meats around somewhere though. It is things like sausage, chicken legs, chicken wrapped in bacon, several types of steak, a couple kinds of lamb, etc. plus salad bar, rice, and a couple of other sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You so much for your feedback! I had no idea lol I thought maybe it was like Chops.

No. It's a Brazilian churrascuria, like Fogo de Chao, but nowhere remotely as good. (The salad bar, though, is quite good, and there's a great papaya cream dessert.)

The cinnamon coated roasted pineapple is to die for. The fried bananas were as well, but they had to go and tinker with them, and now they taste like poi, at least they did on the POA.

They also ruined the cheese rolls. They taste like dreck now.

WE both think Moderno is over-rated. I would advise you to have a great salad buffet and also the fish chowder. That is excellent. Then be very selective in what you choose from the meats, don't be afraid to ask for ones you like to come again. Similarly the 4 accompaniments; if you like only one or two keep asking for it or them. The pineapple is very good.

Google "Beyondships moderno" and you will find it there.

Not sure if this is true on all ships, but on the Breakaway last November Moderno also had a fish dish that's not listed on this menu posted on Beyondships. The server asked who in our party wanted it almost as soon as we sat down since that was the one entree for which they have to place an order in the kitchen. It took so long to arrive (basically after the Pasadores had brought everything else around to our table...some things more than once) that by the time it came the people who ordered it didn't even want it any more (too full on steak, bacon-wrapped chicken (yum!), sausages, etc.), but most had a little just so that our server wouldn't feel too bad.

We love Moderno -- we had the UDP on the Breakaway and went to every specialty restaurant once, but on the final night picked Moderno as the one place to go back to a second time. Although, the desserts at Moderno are probably our least favorite of all the specialty dining restaurants....well, maybe the second worst (the green tea cake at Teppanyaki on the Pearl was probably the strangest, least appetizing dessert I've ever had on any cruise).

Edited by MMLEsq

April this year we tried mainly to see what's so different about Brazilian beef... to say the least we were overwhelmed with the amount of food you get. They give you a menu but it is a list of meat you will be delivered to your table. You don't have to eat all the food that is delivered to you, you get a card to stop the delivery of the food and you best have an appetite because you get 11 different kinds of meat.

On previous cruises we really loved Moderno...in May on the Gem...not so much...it was good but not great...

I was somewhat disappointed in the "new" salad bar and found the service "too fast"--it seemed that even with our cards turned to red...the servers keep bringing the meats to our table..and when we said "later"..they sometimes did not return with that specific cut...

But...you surely do not leave hungry ;):D