Bermuda from Florida?

dd likes to cruise

In reading other posts here about Bermuda I see it must be rare to have a cruise leave from Florida and go to Bermuda. I must have been lucky as MSC Divina did in April of 2016 and friends of ours booked it for us too. It went out of Miami. Even searching their website I don't see anything scheduled in the future either. It was a great trip, happy we were able to do it. As others have said, Bermuda it great. Since there were 4 of us, we just rented a local taxi driver to tour us to what we wanted to see. No waiting for slow walkers, long picture takers, seeing things we werent interested in. Felt like we really got a much better deal than a booked tour with others.

I too want to go again, we need to figure out why they don't go there from Florida.

Most of the doc space is taken up by ships out of the Northeast which stay multiple nights not leaving much for other cruise lines. There are 4 ships-Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Breakaway, Anthem of the Seas and Grandeur of the Seas that all make regular weekly stops there.

In reading other posts here about Bermuda I see it must be rare to have a cruise leave from Florida and go to Bermuda. I must have been lucky as MSC Divina did in April of 2016 and friends of ours booked it for us too. It went out of Miami. Even searching their website I don't see anything scheduled in the future either. It was a great trip, happy we were able to do it. As others have said, Bermuda it great. Since there were 4 of us, we just rented a local taxi driver to tour us to what we wanted to see. No waiting for slow walkers, long picture takers, seeing things we werent interested in. Felt like we really got a much better deal than a booked tour with others.

I too want to go again, we need to figure out why they don't go there from Florida.

The main reason they don't go from Florida is because of the distance. New York to Bermuda is 774 miles. Boston to Bermuda is 773 miles. Fort Lauderdale to Bermuda is 1020 miles. So you would have a majority sea days and a couple of days in Bermuda from Florida on a seven day cruise. Also consider Fort Lauderdale to Cozumel is 553 miles. So naturally cruises out of Florida are going to be to the Caribbean. A lot of ports, less miles, less fuel.

Edited by Charles4515

Carnival has three closed loop cruises from Florida to Bermuda 2016.

Two already sailed:

Carnival Victory from Port Canaveral in May and Carnival Splendor from Miami in May.

In October Carnival Sunshine will have a cruise from Port Canaveral.

• 2 weeks later...
Most of the doc space is taken up by ships out of the Northeast which stay multiple nights not leaving much for other cruise lines. There are 4 ships-Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Breakaway, Anthem of the Seas and Grandeur of the Seas that all make regular weekly stops there.

Celebrity Summit is also there weekly for three days.