River ship pools??

blizzardboy

We've talked about taking a river cruise. I realize sightseeing is the primary goal, but on a hot day I sure like a dip in a pool. Do any lines offer such a feature? Hot tubs don't cut it.

AMA offers heated pools on their twin balcony river boats. With swim up bars :)

Edited by caviargal

We've talked about taking a river cruise. I realize sightseeing is the primary goal, but on a hot day I sure like a dip in a pool. Do any lines offer such a feature? Hot tubs don't cut it.

All of Emerald Waterways' boats have swimming pools. At night, they cover them over and they turn into a movie theater.

Edited by CarlyDawwg's Ma

Uniworld has indoor pools on their superships (SS Catherine, SS Maria Theresa, etc.) only. We were on the SS Catherine last week. The pool was located by the small bar in the rear of the ship and had glass walls that frosted over with the touch of a button so 'swimmers' were not visible to those in the bar. It is an interesting concept and the pool area was absolutely beautiful but we never saw anyone in it the couple of times we frequented that bar.

Uniworld's SS Antoinette also has an indoor pool but it is located on the back of the ship and the back wall opens in nice weather. We have also sailed on the SS Maria Teresa that has the indoor pool with the frosted glass. We preferred the set up on the Antoinette and used the pool frequently. It has the current jets that can be turned on to swim against the current. We really enjoyed the pool when we sailed in July for a hot afternoon.