Jewel Deck 3 Ocean View Cabin

Has anyone sailed in an ocean view cabin on Jewel deck 3 that can comment on it? I'm sailing on Adventure out of San Juan in November and wanted to do a B2B but sailing on Jewel the following day is much more affordable. Unfortunately, the only ocean view rooms left are on deck 2 or 3. It seems like it would be loud down there & close to the engine. Can anyone comment and give advice? If I upgrade to a balcony I might as well just stay on Adventure for the B2B for the price difference....

We have had ocean views on the Jewel on deck 3. When we book we choose the middle of the ship. On the lower decks you don't feel the motion as you would on the higher decks. We never had a noise issue. We like that the dining rooms are on decks 4 &5 and if the elevators are busy you can walk the stairs.

We had friends who were on deck 2 and didn't find any issues there. However, I prefer deck 3. Good luck choosing I think you would like the Jewel!!

Carol

Has anyone sailed in an ocean view cabin on Jewel deck 3 that can comment on it? I'm sailing on Adventure out of San Juan in November and wanted to do a B2B but sailing on Jewel the following day is much more affordable. Unfortunately, the only ocean view rooms left are on deck 2 or 3. It seems like it would be loud down there & close to the engine. Can anyone comment and give advice? If I upgrade to a balcony I might as well just stay on Adventure for the B2B for the price difference....

On any of the ships, we find that picking a cabin with cabins above and below is what works for us. As light sleepers, I can understand the need for a quiet cabin.

Love love the Jewel and had our cruising buddies in a deck 3 OV in March and we spent some time with them. Great to be just off the Centrum and were far enough down the hall that noise from the Centrum was not an issue.

Deck 3 OV cabin review here (serenade):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44302135&highlight=cabin#post44302135

"I did have a big issue with this room... a constant drone, a hum, that I can hear through the pillows in the evening. It was ever present. My only analogy to this would be what a submarine would sound like when being followed by sonar.... I imagined the sound to be the same frequency as the propellers, which it probably was!"

Would be interesting to hear if others had the same "droning" hum in those cabins. I haven't seen anyone else mention that before or after, so maybe it was just me and my specific cabin