Buying Dining Package

Mrs.Murphy

Great. Does a reservation cover any of the restaurants fee in full (Spirit) ?

There is no fee except for the Teppanyaki restaurant. All other specialty restaurant are a la carte. In the a la carte restaurants, you can have as many appetizers and sides as you want, one entrée, multiple desserts.

If you want to eat at the teppanyaki restaurant, book it as soon as possible (exactly 90 days out). The Spirit currently only has one teppanyaki 10-top table. So, that's about 30 people max per night.

Edited by BirdTravels

The reservation doesn't but the UDP or SDP does provided you only have 1 main course. As said not Teppanyaki.
I think your last remark can be easily misunderstood. The SDP also fully covers dinner at Teppanyaki. If you have a dining package, you can reserve Teppanyaki for no extra charge. You won't have anything to pay in advance, or anything to pay on board after eating there. It simply uses up one of your SDP meals.

On ships like the Spirit where seats are very limited, it may not be possible to make advance reservations on-line, and you'll have to wait until you're on board. And reservations made on board are always free (i.e., nothing is charged to your account at the time of the reservation, any applicable charges are applied after you finish your meal).

There are certainly mixed messages about booking Teppenyaki in advance.

My understanding on the Spirit is that it generally hasn't been available, but some people recently have been able to.

I'm on the Star in about 8 weeks and so far it hasn't shown up for booking.

So with a dining package there is nothing added to you ship account for ANY of the restaurants?

No. There are several venues with extra charges still.

https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

EDIT: Sorry, you were talking about an older ship (not usual for these basic questions nowadays when all NCL newbies are usually talking about megaships with all bells and whistles ;)) - all restaurants on Spirit are included except for sushi which has an upcharge even with SDP as listed in the link above.

Edited by Demonyte

So with a dining package there is nothing added to you ship account for ANY of the restaurants?

Not as long as you have SDP nights to cover the nights you have booked. SDP covers your meals in full at any of the restaurants on the ship, aside from extra charges incurred if you order a second main entree. Order as many appetizers, sides and desserts as you like with no extra charges. I think your ship only has one restaurant which adds an upcharge to the SDP, and that is about $7 for the sushi place. So your charge there would be $7, no matter how much you eat.

If you have a 3 night SDP and you book a couple extra nights somewhere, those will incur either a flat cover fee ( for both Teppanyaki and Moderno ) or a la carte charges at the others, depending on what you order.