Getaway TA to Copenhagen

peacefulOR

We're sailing on the April, 2017 Getaway and I've noticed that disembarkation starts two hours after arrival. Arrival is scheduled for 6 a.m.:confused: We had planned a flight leaving at 2:30 p.m. but it looks tight. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm the kind that always arrives the day before a cruise but never had to consider staying a day after. Thanks for your suggestions and experience!

We're sailing on the April, 2017 Getaway and I've noticed that disembarkation starts two hours after arrival. Arrival is scheduled for 6 a.m.:confused: We had planned a flight leaving at 2:30 p.m. but it looks tight. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm the kind that always arrives the day before a cruise but never had to consider staying a day after. Thanks for your suggestions and experience!

Hmmm,,, your scheduled arrival time is 8 am. You should be off the ship by 9:30 (even if you use the porters to move your bags to the baggage hall). Lots of time to get to the airport. No problem with a 2:30 departure.

Hmmm,,, your scheduled arrival time is 8 am. You should be off the ship by 9:30 (even if you use the porters to move your bags to the baggage hall). Lots of time to get to the airport. No problem with a 2:30 departure.

Thank you! My concern was once we disembarked....getting through customs, security at both ends, and the drive. Usually am more of a Brave Bird; that's about the same window as I found leaving Venice.

You're not spending any time in wonderful Copenhagen????!!!! :eek:

Not this trip. Thinking of a train experience next European and spending time in several cities. One of us is still working and it's a time factor.

We had quite a long wait for a taxi when disembarking at Copenhagen, so allow for that.

Oh, Boy. I'm having visions of a high dive off the ship to beat all the other nervous Nellies but I will calm down. Our flight doesn't leave until 2:30 so we're doing early debarkation (carrying our luggage). At least we don't have to go through customs. Does anyone know of alternates to taxis into Copenhagen? By the way, our flight is direct to Portland,OR on Icelandic and we got the next to the last 2 tickets for economy comfort. Unbelievable, they just opened for booking a few days ago. The other flight was 30 mins. earlier. I hear that it's about a 30 minute ride once you get some wheels. Sounds doable to me.

Oh, Boy. I'm having visions of a high dive off the ship to beat all the other nervous Nellies but I will calm down. Our flight doesn't leave until 2:30 so we're doing early debarkation (carrying our luggage). At least we don't have to go through customs. Does anyone know of alternates to taxis into Copenhagen? By the way, our flight is direct to Portland,OR on Icelandic and we got the next to the last 2 tickets for economy comfort. Unbelievable, they just opened for booking a few days ago. The other flight was 30 mins. earlier. I hear that it's about a 30 minute ride once you get some wheels. Sounds doable to me.

Economy Select on Icelandair is a small section - not so many seats, so you're lucky to grab the last 2 seats! Remember it is not a non-stop flight but 2 legs and you change planes in Keflavik - easy peasy it is - all you have to do is to go to the other gate upon arrival in Iceland. We have flown on Icelandair several times.

ENJOY the flights.

Edited by bluesea777