Milk

Shogun

Hi All

Is all milk UHT or do they use any pasteurised,

yours Shogun

Pretty much UHT. They've gotten pretty good at keeping the flavor more like standard milk, so for me it's not a problem.

When I was a kid growing up in a small fishing village (in Fife) we used to use UHT when the regular milk supply ran dry. It tasted awful. Granted it is over 30 years later, but it's going to take a lot to convince me it tastes as like regular milk.

Ultra-high temperature processing (UHT), ultra-heat treatment, or ultra-pasteurization[1] sterilizes food by heating it above 135 °C (275 °F) – the temperature required to kill spores in milk – for 1 to 2 seconds.[2] UHT is most commonly used in milk production, but the process is also used for fruit juices, cream, soy milk, yogurt, wine, soups, honey, and stews.[2] UHT milk was first developed in the 1960s and became generally available for consumption in the 1970s.[3]

:)

Having grown up with it, I actually don't mind or even quite like the taste of UHT milk. Carnation used to sell these in cans.

Lately, have been drinking the stuff in France (fresh milk is surprisingly rare there) and on a recent ship voyage, the supply of milk first came from Germany (where the ship's route was nowhere near) before switching to a Utah supplier (which advertised it as being handy to campers, military, survivalists/preppers).

Edited by cruising cockroach