Help with a few questions ....new to florida cruises

Funbobby68

Hey all , I'm in the early process of planning another cruise . This will be my first cruise from Florida, thinking Freedom from Fort Lauderdale, but looking over thing to do on a few web sites , nothing really jumped off the page

So was thinking about flying in to Orlando a few days early , Disney world would be my #1 choice of things to do , have been to Disneyland 4 times and love it

So looking for advise for hotel in Orlando and info on the drive to Fort Lauderdale from Orlando , will be renting a car when we land and dropping off somewhere hopefully near the cruise port

Thanks for any help in advance

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have been on Independence of the Seas, sister ship of Freedom and have enjoyed the cruise and the ship. We did Eastern and Western. Loved the ports. Lots to do for kids. We cruised in 2014 an 2015 back to back cruises.

Betty

1) there are a gazillion places to stay in Orlando from $$$$$$$ to tents .... do you want to stay in the land of the mouse or just close? (I see you say up front you will rent a car)

2) Why Freedom OTS? Just rephrasing the question of another post .... Freedom OTS moves to Lauderdale when Oasis moves to Canaveral. Lauderdale is 3+ hours drive, Canaveral is about 1 hour. I have not compared prices . . . but EASY to drop a car here so long as you choose a company with a location here (as too in Lauderdale)

Edited by Capt_BJ

Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista is a great hotel to stay at for a Disney visit.

The hotel offers 1 or 2 bedroom suites, a really good complimentary hot breakfast and a nice social hour if you stay during the week. The hotel is 1 mile from Disney property and is right off of I-4.

I'm a Fla resident and this is my personal pick when visiting the parks. The rooms and property are consistently clean, great customer service and a convenient straight-shot location to the parks. Having the complimentary breakfast is a nice perk.....especially if you have a large family.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

If you're Disney-centric, Port Canaveral is the departure port for you rather than Fort Lauderdale. You could even go for one of the Disney World/Disney Cruise package deals that combine a short 3 or 4 day cruise with a stay at a theme park resort.