Best way to pack clothes and avoid wrinkles??

no1volman

Really? I just bought some more at Target. :confused:

Thanks, again! I went to Target tonight and they did indeed have the Downy Wrinkle Releaser. I had to ask for help because I couldn't find it. The girl knew they had the travel size (didn't know it came that way, but I picked up a couple) and then was able to find the regular size. Hope this stuff works!!

I fold and then pack them inside packing cells/cubes. I'm in Australia so I bought the Kathmandu packing cells when they were on sale 3 for $30. I use 3 for all my clothes and the clothes survive the trip without much wrinkles. Once on board, they go on hangers and a little spritz of water helps the wrinkles and fold creases.

I try to bring clothes that don't wrinkle. I just recently started using packing cubes. LOVE THEM. I get so much into such a small space. My clothes don't shift around (get wrinkled) and I was able to take a smaller suitcase than normal. Plus unpacking when you get to your room is a breeze. I got ebags packing cubes on amazon. They were cheaper than ebags itself. Go figure.

We just finished a 7 day cruise and packed clothing came out beautifully! My suggestions are to use packing cubes or even 2 gallon ziplock bags for undies, bras, socks, ect. When TSA goes through your bags...those things stay intact. :-) I wrapped shoes in bags along the edge of the suit case....filling them with bagged small toiletries, ect. I rolled (tightly) most of everything else, except dockers/pants. I hung everything as soon as possible...plenty of hangers provided! I used Downy Wrinkle Release for the very few things that appeared wrinkled. AND, just to share....the room steward will have your dress shirt pressed for you! [emoji4][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes....rolling works exceptionally well. I can usually pull out a pair of slacks and have no wrinkles at all. We use a wrinkle release spray for everything else.

Edited by ray98

We layer and pack tight.

Some stuff still gets wrinkled.

But, hanging some of the stuff on hangers by the shower (steam) helps.

And our daughters hair straightener CHI helps on sleeves and pants.

Just saying

Edited by Lionesss

I use the Eagle Creek packs and packing cubes. They keep things relatively wrinkle free and organized.

Roz

And when I unpack, I just leave everything in the cubes and toss cube and all into the drawers! I can unpack in 5 minutes and undies etc stay together, Love the cubes!

Google One Bag and you will find a very useful site. I gave up on packing cubes and rolling a long time ago. Packing cubes just keep things organized but do nothing for wrinkles. If you're still folding your clothes, they will come out wrinkled. You can also get some horribly wadded up clothes with rolling if it's not done correctly. If there's a crease folded in your clothes, you will get a wrinkles. No way around it. I always do the bundle or burrito method. Clothes aren't folded so there are no wrinkles and you can fit a lot more in your bag. I hate not being able to iron on a cruise but this approach will pretty much eliminate any wrinkles. Unpack and hang stuff up as soon as you can and you'll be good to go.

Definitely use 2-1/2 gallon zip bags. (Packing cubes are fancier and cost more but are not see through). This saved us with TSA. They checked our bags....took stuff out!!! Bras and panties, hubby's undies: all packed tightly in zip bags. They were examined and squished and then put back. Can you imagine if not in zip bags? Yuck! I couldn't believe what I was watching. From now on ALL my stuff is rolled and packed tightly in bags.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I pack each day's clothes in a 2 1/2 gallon ziplock bag, put it on a chair, sit on it and squeeze the air out. Then I throw the bags in the suitcase. It's almost magical. No wrinkles. Can't explain it, but it works.

:)Rockdoctor - Thank you for posting on First Time Cruisers and "How To Pack".

My two cents. When I get to my cabin and unpack, most wrinkled clothes are hung in the closet. And that works most of the time. Stubborn wrinkles I hang in the bathroom while the shower is on. I also found a spray on Amazon. Atlas wrinkle release by Cold Iron. It works well.

I discovered the rolling technique by mistake when I was attempting to fit 12 days worth of clothes in one bag and could only fit them by rolling. I wish I'd discovered it sooner.

Now I generally travel with all of my clothes one Louis Vuitton Keepall 55. The only way I can manage this is to roll my clothes. I unpack as soon as I get to my destination and never have trouble with wrinkles. There may be a little crease here and there, but they're easily sorted out by hanging the item in the steamy bathroom while I shower.

DH does the same.

I second the Oil of Olay approach to fighting those dreaded wrinkles!

Someone said that you weren't allowed to bring a steamer on board. I have brought mine on every cruise. I thought it was just irons that were not permitted. Maybe different lines have different rules about that, and I will have to check that out for my upcoming cruise. I also fold everything with a sheet of tissue paper that you use for gifts and don't really have to use the steamer that much anyway.