Deposit Question

A travel agent just sent me quotes for an April 2017 cruise on Liberty. I had her quote several different room categories. For all the inside cabins the quotes showed the deposit due as $500 and for all balconies the deposit due was $1000. Is that right? That seems awfully high for deposits. My last few cruises I either paid outright when I reserved them, or booked on board, so I haven't paid just a deposit in a while. I tried to find an answer on the Royal website but I couldn't find anything definitive. So what are the normal deposits on a 7 day Liberty cruise?

Thanks for the help!

$1000 seems too high. Check around with other TA's. Note that even if you use an onboard booking at a reduced deposit, some TA's have group rates which require addition deposit (I.e. $500). I've never seen a deposit of $1000.

Edited by iluvcruzin

It should be the same deposit amount for either an inside or a balcony unless it's a suite.--$500 per stateroom. Longer cruises have higher deposits, but it's still the same between insides and balconies. Here's the link to Royal's deposit answer.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=426&faqSubjectName=Group+Reservations&faqId=4836

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by JoyMouse

Yikes !! ....check with other TA's or another option would be to book directly with RCI then transfer (within 60 days from original booking date if in the US) the booking to an agent of your choice or keep it with RCI and retain ownership of your booking.