Port Canaveral Restaurants

EMBFlyer

We're staying at the Homewood Suites in Port Canaveral this Saturday night (6/18) before our Freedom cruise on Sunday. Of the 3 restaurants right there at the port, which one is the favorite of most people? Looking to grab a couple of drinks and dinner and watch the sailaways. We'll have a car.

I prefer Grills

but honestly there isn't a big difference in them and IMO if you ask 100 locals (who go to the port at all) I think you'd find an almost equal distribution preferring Grills, Rusty's, Fishlips and Millikan's .....

lately I've been back to Grills mostly for the lionfish ..... a little unique menu item and eco friendly as they are an invasive species which Grills is helping develop a market for as a food item . . . and tasty too.

We spend way too much time and money at the Port! At least it shows how much we like it there.

In our experience food is inconsistent across the restaurants because it depends on the kitchen crews. You can order the same meal 3 times in the same restaurant on different days and it will taste and even look different. These restaurants are busy and open long hours and the shift changes in the kitchens influence the dining experiences!

Overall, you will get a solid meal at any of the favorites with Baja a few steps behind. We go to the Port for the location and fun experience, certainly not for top dining.

Do give the upstairs outside area at Fishlips a go! The views of the harbor and ships are better because the seating is higher. And the drinks at Fishlips are surprisingly cheap compared to Millikens for example, especially when happy hour is over.

Edited by SteerageJoe

I prefer Grills

but honestly there isn't a big difference in them and IMO if you ask 100 locals (who go to the port at all) I think you'd find an almost equal distribution preferring Grills, Rusty's, Fishlips and Millikan's .....

lately I've been back to Grills mostly for the lionfish ..... a little unique menu item and eco friendly as they are an invasive species which Grills is helping develop a market for as a food item . . . and tasty too.

Lion Fish from last week. This was the app version. Doing my part for the eco system.

1d60834cafae2852b920debe4a5551cc.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

Lion Fish from last week. This was the app version. Doing my part for the eco system.

1d60834cafae2852b920debe4a5551cc.jpg

Dying to try it on my next trip up

Great list from Capt. Bjs

If you want pizza, Bizarros is the place to go

Grill's and Fishlip's are perennial favorite's at the port. I give Grill's a slight edge food and entertainment wise, Grill's Tiki Bar area is great. Fishlip's is not bad either and does have better views from the top deck if you want a view of the port area.

side comment

if Grill's has a bad point IMO it is the over abundance of large tables outside. Over half the tables sit 6 or more and it is not unusual to see a table for 6 occupied by a party of 2 ...

It often bums me to see so many empty chairs and a bunch of people waiting

btw for first timers:

no reservations ...

inside they will run a list and give out those 'buzzer' gizmos

outside is first come ... honor system . . who's bigger!

We usually have the Mahi Mahi at Fishlips and each time the quality and taste was excellent to us. Always have been served quick there too. Agreed the upstairs have awesome views of the ships as they pass by.

One time we ate at Atlantic Seafood and was not impressed during our visit. We have been to Fishlips 3 times. Need to try out the other venues that was posted here.