Taking wine onboard?

Paying for what?? The bar was closed at that time, crew member was just

setting up for the evening later when everyone came back on board. We were

the only ones in there while everyone was at the beach.

Okay. Didn't realize the bar was actually closed. I don't think they closed any of the bars on the ship last time I stopped at Labadee. I'm sure you weren't the only ones on the ship, though. There usually seems to be about 10 - 20% of people who stay on the ship.

Okay. Didn't realize the bar was actually closed. I don't think they closed any of the bars on the ship last time I stopped at Labadee. I'm sure you weren't the only ones on the ship, though. There usually seems to be about 10 - 20% of people who stay on the ship.

Yes, many stay on the ship at Labadee. But we were the ONLY ones in the

VCL. And yes, the bar was closed, as are many things on the ship while we

are at Labadee since so many crew members have to go ashore to take care

of the bars, food buffets, etc. there.

Now THAT is service! And a real crew member that cares! :)

I still miss the great crew from the Monarch. How does the Majesty compare?

We have pretty much convinced ourselves to stop doing the 3/4 night cruises,

but perhaps we should check Majesty out after all?

BTW: On that cruise we did the get together in the VCL, we all brought our

own glasses (took them with us to clean them, no mess) and I brought a

wine opener to open all the bottles. There was no affect to the crew member

in the VCL. Just attitude for some reason. :(

In my opinion the Majesty is one of the very best ships doing the 3-4 day cruises! I have sailed on her approx. 15 times. The staff is amazing, the food is good, not as much to do on the ship, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the larger ships, but I found it to be very relaxing and a great value for a short cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In my opinion the Majesty is one of the very best ships doing the 3-4 day cruises! I have sailed on her approx. 15 times. The staff is amazing, the food is good, not as much to do on the ship, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the larger ships, but I found it to be very relaxing and a great value for a short cruise.

Thanks! Was worried about the age and over use for years in Miami, but if the ship

and crew is anything like the Monarch...we may have to give it a try! :)

Yes two 750 ml bottles per stateroom, not per person.

My husband doesn't drink wine so it would take me more than one night to finish a bottle with dinner. Can you take one of your allowed bottles to the dining room and will they hold it for the next night?

Is it permitted to walk into the dining room with a glass of wine poured in your cabin?

My husband doesn't drink wine so it would take me more than one night to finish a bottle with dinner. Can you take one of your allowed bottles to the dining room and will they hold it for the next night?

Is it permitted to walk into the dining room with a glass of wine poured in your cabin?

yes you can walk into the dining room with your glass filled with wine. you can pour a glass and go to any restaurant. yes you can bring your bottle and they will hold onto it for you. just make sure you are seated at same table.

How about solo in a cabin. One or two bottles?

Yes 2 as Bob answered. Do yourself HUGE favor and do as carry thru when you are going thru Royal security at port (if you have it in your checked in luggage may end up in "naughty room" - even though wine is allowed. You'd get your luggage but it may be late.) You can put into your wheelie or a very big purse or a strong shopping bag. (If shopping bag, make sure it is strong enough for the bottles. Last trip we saw two bottles make it thru the scanner but when the passenger picked up the bag... red wine down, bottle broke, mess on the floor in Valparaiso Chile.)

Yes 2 as Bob answered. Do yourself HUGE favor and do as carry thru when you are going thru Royal security at port (if you have it in your checked in luggage may end up in "naughty room" - even though wine is allowed. You'd get your luggage but it may be late.) You can put into your wheelie or a very big purse or a strong shopping bag. (If shopping bag, make sure it is strong enough for the bottles. Last trip we saw two bottles make it thru the scanner but when the passenger picked up the bag... red wine down, bottle broke, mess on the floor in Valparaiso Chile.)

'

I've seen wine carried on in those 4 compartment wine carriers from Total Wine and Publix. I wrap mine in bubble wrap and into a zipper bag then in my carry on. Breaking a bottle would be my luck.