Palma de Mallorca HOHO Bus

drdaddy

We will be in Palma in October. We thought about doing a tour.

Has anyone done the HOHO bus there? We are curious as to its route. I have seen in on line but it is a bit confusing. I know that it also depends on which pier you end up at and then the HOHO stop is an issue sometimes.

We ARE on Harmony of the Seas so can I assume there is only 1 pier large enough to accommodate this behemoth?

We especially are curious as to the direction the bus takes. I think there is a market similar to La Boqueria in Barcelona. Anyone know any more about this? We love local food and figure that might be a good spot for lunch. Any ideas on that?

Thanks!

We will be in Palma in October. We thought about doing a tour.

Has anyone done the HOHO bus there? We are curious as to its route. I have seen in on line but it is a bit confusing. I know that it also depends on which pier you end up at and then the HOHO stop is an issue sometimes.

We ARE on Harmony of the Seas so can I assume there is only 1 pier large enough to accommodate this behemoth?

We especially are curious as to the direction the bus takes. I think there is a market similar to La Boqueria in Barcelona. Anyone know any more about this? We love local food and figure that might be a good spot for lunch. Any ideas on that?

Thanks!

I was in Palma back in 2013 on a Princess cruise and took a taxi from the port to Avenue d’ Antoni Maura to catch the hop on, hop off bus. It departs from just in front of the Royal Palace. Just behind the palace is the cathedral and Arab Baths. This is a great area for waling around. There are lots of shops and nice restaurants. I don't remember seeing a market. We spent several hours walking around this area and then jumped on the hop on, hop off bus for a tour of the rest of the city. As I remember, the bus route did not come close to the pier where we docked, but the cost of the taxi ride to Avenue d’ Antoni Maura was pretty cheap.

Click on http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45926762&postcount=347 for information on viewing the video I made during this very nice excursion.

Ron

• 2 months later...

Thanks Cruzer Two for the video. I just noticed the second change to our itinerary from Provence to a sea day and now Palma de Mallorca which I must admit to being very excited about. We will only be there (so far today) from 1pm leaving at 8pm which means about six hours to enjoy the port. The HOHO bus seems to be the easy way to get a great glimpse of the city and then enjoying the Cathedral and downtown. I am thinking we will have to miss the castle. Perhaps another time.