Seattle question

misha1

Good morning...sailing out of Seattle in September and will be staying a couple days in advance. We love to spend time at the Market and Waterfront. I understand there is a lot of construction around there...can someone tell me please how navigable it is down to the waterfront with this construction (highway I understand) or is it nowhere near where we want to be...which would be nice Thanks in advance

Are you walking or driving? If walking (recommended), construction won't interfere.

Was just there this last weekend. Walked all over downtown. Yes, there was some construction along First Ave, in the general area of Pikes Place, and on the waterfront between Pier 66 and the Aquarium. Didn't impact us at all, and everything was open and operating.

Access from the market to the central waterfront is unimpeded by the construction. There are actually two construction projects impacting the waterfront area - replacement of the seawall that keeps seawater from undermining buildings and roads, and a tunneling project which will result in the removal of the Alaskan Way Viaduct, the elevated freeway that runs between the market and the waterfront.