Help with danube river cruise on grand circle vs ama waterways

coconut12

We are first time rivercruisers. My sister and I are taking my mother 80 and her friend 87. Which line would cater more to the elderly. I worry about all the walking and if they can manage it. Ama Stella has a french balcony for the elders with a elevator on the second level. The other room on Ama Stella is room 232 category C lower level above the engines. They are saying the engines are quiet on the new ship but anyone have that experience in those rear rooms?

Ama is a new ship and Grand Circle Aria is much older. We are foodies so that is a concern. Any recommendations? Thank you

I've not cruised with Ama, but have cruised several times with GCT and also with Uniworld, which is similar to Ama. I think you'll find ages similar on both lines.

I'm sure for foodies that Ama will be much better...I'm happy with GCT but the food is not particularly gourmet. Does Ama have a gentle walkers group? GCT does not. Also check on the existence of elevators.

AMA offers gentle walker tours and great food. AMA has a mixed demographic and GCT markets to seniors primarily.

The Category C cabins are French balconies and not on lowest level near the engines. Those would be the fixed window staterooms. My friends choose them all the time on AMA and have never been bothered by noise.

That being said, I book my mom (84) in a French or Twin Balcony on AMA for the elevator access. She loves the gentle walker tours and does those while we take the active option and meet up with her afterwards.

Cabin 232 is not on the lower level. It is a Cat C cabin on the middle level, so it has elevator access. It is the rear-most cabin on that deck, but it is above the engines -- there is a crew cabin below it and a cabin above it. All in all I don't think that noise will be a problem.