Feedback Forms

rblevow

We are currently sailing on the RSS Voyager and just finished the first of three consecutive segments. We did not receive a Feedback Questionnaire at the end of the segment. That was a first for us. When we inquired, we were told that feedback forms were no longer being given to B2B cruisers at the end of each segment but only at the end of the entire cruise. This was confirmed by Guest Relations.

We expressed our displeasure with this new arrangement. In spite of the fact that completing the forms can be a nuisance, we think completing them each segment provides a much better opportunity to provide feedback that helps maintain the quality of our cruise experience. Beyond the general reduction on opportunities to express ourselves, most often favorably but sometimes otherwise, there is the issue of interpretation when staff changes during a cruise. We just changed captains. When we rate the captain at the end of the cruise, there will be no way to distinguish which one our comments apply to. On very long cruises we have seen most of our service crew change during the cruise. In a similar vein, the questionnaire for each segment lists guest entertainers and speakers for that segment. How are we supposed to respond concerning those who are not on the last segment?

I am very curious if anyone else has gotten only one feedback questionnaire at the end of a multi-segment cruise. If so, did you feel you had an adequate opportunity to provide feedback under those circumstances.

I think all of us who sail with Regent are very sensitive to quality issues. It seems to me that this reduction in the opportunity to provide complete and timely feedback can only reduce the effectiveness of that feedback I'm not happy about the change.

-- Roy --

When I first started cruising with Regent, I faithfully completed both the mid-cruise and the final evaluation. However, I have since stopped wasting my time. On a number of occasions, when I reported an "issue" on the mid-cruise evaluation, I would be contacted but an excuse would always be made and sometimes the situation would improve, other times it would not. I know on one cruise there was a major problem with people "reserving" lounge chairs by the pool before breakfast and not showing up until after lunch - and on one day people reserved the lounge chairs and then went out on an excursion. I received a telephone call that the situation is being monitored and if any staff noticed this, they would remove the belongings - this never happened once.

On a number of cruises I took the time to do a complete and honest evaluation, praising the good and pointing out areas that could use improvement. I then mailed the forms directly to Miami and indicated that I would appreciate if someone would get back to me - never happened.

I no longer waste my time with the evaluations - they claim they are very important and read, but when a real problem is pointed out to them, they completely ignored it.

gnomie :)

Two suggestions:

1. Go into the General Manager's office and ask for one...... or,

2. Do a write-up and give it to the G.M.

When I am on a cruise of any length, if there is something that I need to say, I say it and do not wait for the Questionnaire. If anything you have to say is less than positive and is not corrected by the end of the cruise, I would repeat it on the end of cruise Questionnaire (a copy of which goes to corporate).

It is really important to let the G.M. know your feelings so that they can correct it while you are still on the cruise. So, IMO, you need to provide them the information in any way possible.

I agree with Jackie.

Creating your own write-up while you are on board is a good idea and handing it to the GM - going to his office and handing it to him - is certainly a way of knowing that it has gotten to the person who needs to read it. I can't tell you the number of times over the years I;ve seen the various GMs sitting at their desk reading a stack of the "hand-ins". If I am not given a printed questionnaire, I will certainly create my own.

Peggy

Two suggestions:

When I am on a cruise of any length, if there is something that I need to say, I say it and do not wait for the Questionnaire. If anything you have to say is less than positive and is not corrected by the end of the cruise, I would repeat it on the end of cruise Questionnaire (a copy of which goes to corporate).

It is really important to let the G.M. know your feelings so that they can correct it while you are still on the cruise. So, IMO, you need to provide them the information in any way possible.

Guess I missed something. Poster said they did submit Guestionnaries. No responces. So one must subit the Questionnaires and also a note to the GM to get something done? To much over kill if you ask me. Once should be enough.

Money spent with Regent should not require the run around.

Guess I missed something. Poster said they did submit Guestionnaries. No responces. So one must subit the Questionnaires and also a note to the GM to get something done? To much over kill if you ask me. Once should be enough.

Money spent with Regent should not require the run around.

I was responding to the OP that did not receive the Questionnaire - not the second poster who feels that nothing was done.

Our experience on Regent is that the Questionnaires are taken very seriously and are very important for crew members. Positive comments about the crew members are viewed not only by ship officers and managers but in Miami. The best thing a person can do for a crew member is writing their name down on the questionnaire and writing a few words about how their service impacted your cruise. As much as I dislike filling them out, I would not leave the ship without doing so.

Again, if there is an issue onboard the ship that needs attention, visit the G.M.

Two suggestions:

I completely agree with you on the need to raise issues promptly during a cruise with the appropriate person. Often that's the GM but sometimes the issue can be resolved at a lower level. Generally, I have found Regent to be very responsive but sometimes it takes more than one round for them to recognize the importance my DW or I attribute to a particular item.

More broadly, I'm still trying to find out whether this is a new corporate policy or something done by our GM. I was hoping to find out if anyone else has seen the situation. No response to that question yet. Guess I'll have to talk to the GM to find out.

-- roy --

rblevow, what about the mid-cruise questionnaires? Are you still getting them?

Yes, we got the mid-cruise questionnaires. Returned the one for the second segment today. However, the two questionnaires serve slightly different purposes. Mid-cruise focuses on problems though we often offer accolades for special service. We've been told that the end of cruise questionnaires are also used in evaluation and that favorable comments on them, which are seen by the home office are a factor in crew ratings.

For ourselves, we have no problem with writing our own review and mailing it to Regent as indicated on the feedback forms. However, it is easier to use the form for all but really exceptional situations and we know from experience that they are read by a number of department heads as we received personal feedback from several during a Grand Voyage. You don't get that when the info is mailed to corporate.

-- roy --

According to a friend who is an executive in the cruise industry, most cruise lines have stopped hard copy questionnaires and now send them by email when you return from your voyage. He claims that they use the information in the conglomerate for most of the items and only pay attention to comments about specific crew members. He did indicate that he knows for a fact that the 'luxury lines' definitely use Information about crew members for assignments and promotions.

For me, the most important thing is to report an 'issue' to the appropriate personnel immediately so they can address it, if possible. Over our 45 years of sailing and 80+ cruises we have had some problems, of course. But we have always addressed them immediately and have always had excellent responses from the officers or executive crew. I wouldn't want to let something bug me for entire cruise.

I agree with gnomie. If I have a real problem, I adress it face to face with the appropriate member of the staff but the review forms are generally ignored; those go in the trash. I do make it a point to fill out the butler evaluation to try and help that person.

I agree with gnomie. If I have a real problem, I adress it face to face with the appropriate member of the staff but the review forms are generally ignored; those go in the trash. I do make it a point to fill out the butler evaluation to try and help that person.

Sorry but I disagree - they absolutely do not go in the trash!!! They are read by the G.M. and are sent to corporate. Sometimes it is not possible to fix things that customers complain about. Just by reading Cruise Critic you can see how important (or not) some complaints are. People have threatened to not sail on Regent because the chair that used to be on the Navigator in lower categories is no longer there (this can obviously be easily fixed but to threaten Regent about it is beyond belief). BTW, I suspect but do not know that the configuration of the lower suites on the Voyager and Mariner will be the same.

If, while onboard, there is anything that the ship's management can do to solve the problem, they will. I know that if I complained about hot the ships are, there would be nothing they can do because others complain that the ships are too cold. Just an example (and I have not complained about this issue because I realize that it is subjective).

I do have one question...... why do you want to "help" your butler but not your steward/stewardess, or other crew members by filling out the questionnaire? The questionnaires are so important to each and every crew member.

Okay, will get off of my soapbox now!

Edited by Travelcat2

The questionnaires are so important to each and every crew member.

Absolutely! We always commend anyone who has provided exceptional service. On a "Behinds the Scenes" tour on the Voyager we saw that favorable comments were extracted and posted along I-95, the main work corridor, for all to see. Clearly the forms are read in a meaningful way. On the flip side we have been told by crew that less than "excellent" ratings can have an adverse impact on their assignments. This happens often on other lines where crew seem to be intimidated with their ratings, but occasionally on Regent as well. Use of the ratings in this way has been confirmed by the Human Relations Manager on a Regent cruise.

-- roy --

I do have one question...... why do you want to "help" your butler but not your steward/stewardess, or other crew members by filling out the questionnaire?

Good question and had to think about that one. The butler review forms have the respondents name printed on them so management knows exactly which individual is being reviewed. On the general form, unless I write down the name of my steward, etc. the individual(s) in not identified or identifiable.