Would You Change Rooms??

NewAddict

We have a room on the 7th deck (cuz I love having guest rooms above and below) to minimize noise. It's also almost center of the ship.

Well, I looked at another room, on the 2nd deck, at the VERY front of the ship. It's below the lobby. For $100 less.

I don't really plan on taking the one on the 2nd deck, but just wondering if paying the extra $100 for where we're booked is worth it.

My opinion is to stay put. I am the type of person who would rather be up instead of down. They say the middle of the ship is where you feel the least motion but down on deck two, you would need to research what is above you on deck three. We always stay in the very front of the ship but on a higher deck. If money is an issue I say go for the change, if not, no way.

My opinion is to stay put. I am the type of person who would rather be up instead of down. They say the middle of the ship is where you feel the least motion but down on deck two, you would need to research what is above you on deck three. We always stay in the very front of the ship but on a higher deck. If money is an issue I say go for the change, if not, no way.

Yep, that's what I've heard to, about the middle of the ship feeling the least motion. On our past cruises, we were in the middle. When you stay at the very front, did you feel a lot of movement?

I would DEFINITELY stay put. I have only had one cabin at the front and I don't plan on having one again. The cabin was MUCH bigger than a normal one and we had an oceanview for the price of an inside, but as they say in all things real estate...Location, Location, Location...

IMO, being mid-ship (plus a higher deck), puts you center of all of the action. Not too far one direction or the other to anything you would want to do. It was a pain when we were at the front and after you made your way to Lido and realized you forgot something in your cabin and had to walk the length of the ship to get it.

Stay put.

I second what others have said about being in the center of the action. Being near Lido is a BIG plus for us.

Also, I've been forward on deck two when the anchor is dropped. Yikes! If you tender you'll enjoy that. And if tendering you may have guests lined through your hallway for over an hour. No thanks.

The difference in motion and price wouldn't be worth it to me.

Well, I prefer to lower down but NOT forward. Just depends on the ship and the seas on any given sailing. If you're under the Lobby, though, I don't consider that to be at the VERY front of the ship!

I don't want to be near the action. Or the food. I take the stairs the entire cruise. I even lost weight on the 13-night Vista because I did so much walking in the ports and stair climbing on the ship!

But I also prefer to be between pax decks. There's often music in the lobby, sometimes later in the evening, so there may or may not be noise from above.

I usually go as cheaply as I can (because I'm usually solo and get to pay 200%). If you're before final payment, you should be able to downgrade. I just did that. Booked an inside, then a couple of days later, a 1A became available. I almost didn't change because it's on a higher deck and I liked the location I had (Main, midship).

But I called and was switched. Saved myself $180, which covers my airfare. :)

You can change cabins unless you are booked early saver, even a downgrade.

I've been very forward on deck 2 several times. I like the location and the portholes for light. But I did have to get use to the sound of the waves hitting the hull. It kind of sounded like a large metal door being slammed shut.

Once I got use to the sound it didn't bother me.

You are paying for location. the higher you go on a ship the more it will cost.

Being in the middle of a deck will cost more then being in the forward or the aft too.

But also- be mindful of whats across from you

On deck 7 there is a room service station midship.

(odd number rooms) or starboard side

Well, I prefer to lower down but NOT forward. Just depends on the ship and the seas on any given sailing. If you're under the Lobby, though, I don't consider that to be at the VERY front of the ship!

I don't want to be near the action. Or the food. I take the stairs the entire cruise. I even lost weight on the 13-night Vista because I did so much walking in the ports and stair climbing on the ship!

But I also prefer to be between pax decks. There's often music in the lobby, sometimes later in the evening, so there may or may not be noise from above.

I usually go as cheaply as I can (because I'm usually solo and get to pay 200%). If you're before final payment, you should be able to downgrade. I just did that. Booked an inside, then a couple of days later, a 1A became available. I almost didn't change because it's on a higher deck and I liked the location I had (Main, midship).

But I called and was switched. Saved myself $180, which covers my airfare. :)

I'm with you. I love being on a lower deck, midship.

I've stayed in a couple of the porthole cabins and 99% of the time they are great. On my last trip in one though we had to make an emergency stop in Cozumel for a medical emergency. They didn't actually tie up though, instead they pulled along side and fired up the side thrusters to hold us against the dock. For a good solid 5 minutes my entire cabin felt like one of those magic finger beds they used to have in shady hotels. Everything on my counter was in the floor. It was at 4AM!

The waves crashing weren't a big deal and if you listened real close you could hear some of the laundry room machinery.

For $100 more I'd rather stay mid ship and higher up.

Personally, if it was an oceanview, I would take the lower deck towards the front. As a matter of fact, I always try to book the front of the ship because it tends to be quieter with less traffic, and super convenient to get to your cabin after being in port.

This being said, at the front, you will be woken up by the very loud bow thrusters and maybe the anchor. Also, in choppy seas, the waves slam against the bow. I don't mind these things though.