RCI refusing to honor the 20% deal on drink packages

We just took advantage of the 20% discount for our October sailing. Only issue, was the cruise needed to be paid for before the cruise planner would let me make the purchase. We are all paid up, as seen on the credit card statement.

Was worth the savings from our point of view.:D

Bought our Premium Package, including good discount, a few weeks ago now for our cruise in September on Radiance, Hawaii to Sydney. Must be different here in Aussie Land as we aren't yet fully paid up, not until 1st week in July but Cruise Planner allowed me to buy and pay for our package.

DW just bought ours this past weekend and our final payment isn't due until August 2nd.

Just off Liberty yesterday. We paid $47/day for the premium (pre-purchased online) and that was the discounted price with the 20% off banner. I checked pricing on the ship and the premium package onboard was $59/day.

Wow that's a big difference per day. If the 59.62 doesn't include the gratuity its then 69.73 per day. Yikes ! My problem is going to be that I am going to purchase one package pre-cruise and one onboard. I have OBC to cover a one person's package. I am hoping this is all straightened out before next year :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
Here's my guess... the old/pre-sale price INCLUDED gratuity (IIRC). They knocked 20% off that price, but also took away the included gratuity. So the ending price is just about the same.

Old price: $56 including gratuity

New Price: $56 - 20% = $44.80 + 18% gratuity = $52.

OK, the numbers don't work exactly, but I still think that's what's happening.

Gotta tell you, the drink packages have never shown initially with the grat included. Only at the very end does it show that total.

So I disagree.

royal has been playing games with all of this since before you posted the above, and it varies from ship to ship and sailing to sailing.

If one of the two in a cabin want to buy the Select package, does the non drinker required to purchase one too?

Nope. If person A feels a certain package will benefit them and person B does not, person B can buy a different package or none at all.

DH and I bought Replenish for both of us twice, then I realized it really doesn't work for me. So DS and I buy the Evian water package (one package is 12 one-liter bottles delivered to your stateroom to use as needed) and anything else we want we just buy as we go. DH bought Replenish last time, but I'm not totally sure he'll do so in December.

is it no service charge on the non-alcholic packages? Looks like we only pay on the alcoholic ones.

There is an 18% service charge on all beverage packages, even the water package.

There is an 18% service charge on all beverage packages, even the water package.

Must be included in the price then, cause when I bought the two premium packages and two select packages an amout was stated on the service charge on all four packages, but on the two royal replendish and one royal refreshment(?) the service charge was stated as 0.00 on all of them.

The alcoholic ones was under the 20% advert in cruise planner.

I have searched, but I can't find anything on this: If I purchase a drink package on-line now, at the regular price, for my cruise in February, and the 20% off offer comes up for my particular cruise (which it hasn't yet, and might not)-- can I cancel my first order and re-order the package to get the 20% off with no penalty??

Thanks.

I have searched, but I can't find anything on this: If I purchase a drink package on-line now, at the regular price, for my cruise in February, and the 20% off offer comes up for my particular cruise (which it hasn't yet, and might not)-- can I cancel my first order and re-order the package to get the 20% off with no penalty??

Thanks.

Yes, you can cancel and rebook up to 3 or 4 days before the cruise.

I have the Premium Package in my cart. I clicked on "checkout" and the total due is $399.00. For a 7 night cruise, that's a total of $57 per day.

I'm thinking I'd be smart to just purchase the darn thing now and keep an eye open for a future discount. If it doesn't get discounted, I'm perfectly happy with $57/day.

Cathy

ps Clarea (Bob), a great big thank you to a tip you had on another post. I just grabbed a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite at the Residence Inn for one night pre cruise. Five of us are sharing it! What a deal!!!

... ps Clarea (Bob), a great big thank you to a tip you had on another post. I just grabbed a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite at the Residence Inn for one night pre cruise. Five of us are sharing it! What a deal!!!

Glad it worked out for you.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Gotta tell you, the drink packages have never shown initially with the grat included. Only at the very end does it show that total.

Actually they do sometimes include the gratuities in the price.

On our Serenade sailing for next February they were quoting the Premium Package at $74.10 gratuities included.

They just announced the 20% off promotion and show a price of $57.40 - which at 19.9% is pretty close to 20%. BUT they then add the 18% gratuity which makes it $67.50. That's closer to 10% off.

Creative math.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by traveler279