Which stateroom for first time cruiser on Royal Caribbean

Hello. Help please. We just booked our first cruise on Royal Caribbean after cruising a couple of times on Disney Cruise Line. We booked a 7 Night on Oasis in October in a interior promenade stateroom (like the window seat looking out on the promenade and thought it would be good people watching). We are looking now and see that it would on be a few $100 more to upgrade to a balcony but we are uncertain if it would be worth it. It just 3 of us in the room and we do not know how much time we would be staying In the room. And suggestions would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Balcony for sure. Never stayed in an interior stateroom, but I am sure we wouldn't like it. Balcony is too enjoyable for reading, watching sunrise or sunset, watching approaching a port and docking or just listening to the waves.

For a first time cruiser, if there is a big difference in price between the promenade and balcony it would be promenade. Since it is a pretty reasonable price for a balcony I say go for that.

What you will find is that for your first cruise you will be barely in your cabin. So much to do and see for a first cruise! You will probably be in your room to sleep and shower only.

Our first cruise we got a balcony thinking we had to see outdoors. We barely stayed in the room and the only time i used the balcony was to watch the people running or staggering down the pier as the ship is departing from a port stop.

Now we travel in whatever makes the most sense. We dont mind insides but if a promenade, balcony or suite is reasonable we book that cabin. Each person has to make a decision on what is "worth" it.

Considering you're a past Disney cruiser I'd say definitely go for the balcony. I've heard from a lot of people that the staterooms on Disney are bigger than on RCI so the interior on RCI might have less room than what you're used to.

If you normally book interior on Disney, I would stick with the Promenade. If you are used to balcony cabins then I would go with the balcony. We have our 4th Promenade cabin booked on the Navigator .. we love them .. spend so little time in the cabin that we only get balconies on longer or special cruises like Panama Canal and Alaska.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello. Help please. We just booked our first cruise on Royal Caribbean after cruising a couple of times on Disney Cruise Line. We booked a 7 Night on Oasis in October in a interior promenade stateroom (like the window seat looking out on the promenade and thought it would be good people watching). We are looking now and see that it would on be a few $100 more to upgrade to a balcony but we are uncertain if it would be worth it. It just 3 of us in the room and we do not know how much time we would be staying In the room. And suggestions would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

October of this year or 2017? If it is 2017 then I would for sure go with the boardwalk balcony. After Nov. 5 of this year you get included lunch for 4 at Jonny Rockets and a soda package for two. That makes the actual cost difference less as you save that money.

We to have just switched from Disney to Roya Caribbean. We have sailed on Disney for the last 10 or so years but the cost is just getting way out of wack IMO. We booked a balcony in central park on the Oasis for this November and a b2b balcony on the boardwalk for next October. We are assuming we will like it that much. Its just time to move on.