Size of Public Health Form ?

janetcbl

Tables? There are tables? That's what DH's back is for. And I never use public pens. I come prepared with one in my hand when I enter the terminal building.

Careful seems suggesting taking your own pen offends one poster.:mad:

Not sure what they'll make if you suggesting using DH's back.:eek:

Not really that hard. The next time you go through embarkation grab a handful & you'll have them for future cruises.(provided they don't change them like a year or so ago)

Just be sure to cross out the ship name that is printed on the form and add in the actual name of the ship you will be on.

Edited by caribill

Just be sure to cross out the ship name that is printed on the form and add in the actual name of the ship you will be on.

I always erase the original name & redo it with the correct name before I fill out the form at home but there have been many times when I just cross out the name & hand write the new one in by hand. All they want is for you to fill out a form no matter what & when it's done.

I don't think I have ever taken the time to fully read the form. I find it interesting that the form clearly states that you will be permitted to travel unless you have "an illness of international concern". Most people would misrepresent their condition out of a fear of being denied boarding due to Noro symptoms. It seems to me that Princess' conditions are fair, even if you were quarantined for the first couple of days.

I have wondered in the past, what one should do if you wake up on embarkation morning with Noro symptoms. While cruise people might say you should abandon the cruise and return home, that would probably subject more people to contamination on a crowded airplane; the Princess solution seems reasonable.

I did wake up with Noro symptoms once on disembarkation morning and didn't report it as we were already in the quarantined walk-off group due to DW's spell a few days earlier. I wondered what I should do regarding the flight and considered staying a few days, but doubted if a hotel would want you, if you were honest about your condition. I took the flight home, but did tell the attendant that I was sick. She just said that was OK, she had it the previous week. I don't remember much about that flight.

We fill the Health form out at home on the morning we sail, it works for us. This last trip from Pier 91 in Seattle it was a zoo downstairs around tables that you fill out your Health form at. This year at Pier 91 you take the Health Form upstairs with you and turn it in at the same time you check in. In the years past you turned it in downstairs before you went upstairs. I don’t think they looked at it.

I agree with filling them out BEFORE you get to the port. It difficult enough wheeling a suitcase in one hand, juggling passports & boarding passes while trying to fill out a form that 99% of the people will lie about anyway if they were actually sick.

Not really that hard. The next time you go through embarkation grab a handful & you'll have them for future cruises.

These two concepts seem to be at odds with one another. If my hands are so ladened with juggled suitcases, passports and boarding passes that I cannot easily fill out a 5 line form, how will I have the dexterity and capacity to grab a handful of forms for future use? :D

These two concepts seem to be at odds with one another. If my hands are so ladened with juggled suitcases, passports and boarding passes that I cannot easily fill out a 5 line form, how will I have the dexterity and capacity to grab a handful of forms for future use? :D

Not really. One handful lasts me many years. Just one time is needed to stuff 20 in your pocket of your suitcase & your set for quite a while.

It sure beats filling one out while in a moving line with nowhere's to write. :p

Health forms started with only questions 1 & 2. Then about a year and a half ago added 3 & 4 to include the Ebola outbreak. Now have eliminated 3 & 4 and just down to 1 & 2 again. Wonder if they will add a couple more questions concerning Zika? But please, for the concern and health safety of your fellow passengers (a sick ship is no fun for anyone!) be honest when you fill out the form. Just because you check yes, doesn't mean you will be denied.

Wonder if they will add a couple more questions concerning Zika?

I doubt it. Especially for cruises departing out of Port Everglades. Kind of silly to ask someone if they have been to a country known to have a Zika issue within the past 21 days when the ship is headed to Honduras. Or Belize. Or Columbia. Or Mexico. Or....... Frankly, we, as passengers should be more concerned with where the ship has been than the ship should be concerned with where we have been.

Health forms started with only questions 1 & 2. Then about a year and a half ago added 3 & 4 to include the Ebola outbreak. Now have eliminated 3 & 4 and just down to 1 & 2 again. Wonder if they will add a couple more questions concerning Zika? But please, for the concern and health safety of your fellow passengers (a sick ship is no fun for anyone!) be honest when you fill out the form. Just because you check yes, doesn't mean you will be denied.

When was the last time you filled out the form?

If they've gone back to only 2 questions all my old forms are no good. :(

I'll have to restock next cruise.

Ships provide the health forms to the piers, so as the current stock is depleted and when they have to print more, they are omitting 3&4. If you happened to have an 'older' form with all 4 questions they are still A-Okay to use.

[quote name='CatsareCool']Ships provide the health forms to the piers, so as the current stock is depleted and when they have to print more, they are omitting 3&4. If you happened to have an 'older' form with all 4 questions they are still A-Okay to use.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, by the time I sail in Oct they'll probably be using the revised form.