Southampton City Cruise Terminal works?

Hi all,

We (family of 4) are sailing on Indy on July 2nd from Southampton. We're being joined by both sets of our parents so there's 8 of us in total, on 3 separate bookings.

In our 'cruise booklet' one of our parties has advice not to turn up to Southampton until the allocated time due to works at Southampton terminal. They're on deck 6 so it says don't arrive until 2:15pm. See my attachment for the exact wording.

Neither of the other two parties (deck 10 and deck 7) have this in the booklet. Ideally we'd all arrive at around the same time, and all get on together. We'd all like to get on around 11 - 11:30am.

Does anyone know what these works are, and what advice would people have? Ignore the advice and chance it?

Thanks

Jon

southampton.pdf

We were a group of 3 cabins, me a Diamond, another couple in a suite and another first time cruiser. We all had different suggested times. We showed up more or less together and they boarded everyone as they reached the front of their respective line, they didn't force anyone to stay with the scheduled time.

This was on May 30, 2016.

JC

If you are parking close by, and can't get on the ship and they won't let you in the terminal then you can always go back and sit in your car worse case scenario [emoji22]

However as most people will try to get their early other option just have a later departure time and aim for a mid point time.

Our September cruise, same booking two guarantee cabins but allocated on different decks so we'll be in the same position as you I imagine. So can you update your post on return to let me know how it went. Thanks.

If you are parking close by, and can't get on the ship and they won't let you in the terminal then you can always go back and sit in your car worse case scenario [emoji22]

However as most people will try to get their early other option just have a later departure time and aim for a mid point time.

Our September cruise, same booking two guarantee cabins but allocated on different decks so we'll be in the same position as you I imagine. So can you update your post on return to let me know how it went. Thanks.

Will do. Since posting originally we've now all had emails with the information, so they seem pretty keen to make sure we know. Still going to chance it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will be on deck 6 but not till August but check-in at 2.15pm I find that very late especially this could lead to missing my traditional boarding windjammer lunch.

But reading further to that letter Platinum and above C&A members can board at any time.

My cruise doc hasn't been issued yet so not received anything regarding this problem and whether it will still be a problem by then. Either way I will suggest just turn up whenever you turn up and I doubt you will be the only person ignoring their advice.

I'm a Gold member so no good for me. The exact wording of the email is below. They also provide a link to click on to say you've read the info.

-----

This is an important message regarding your upcoming cruise.

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on Independence of the Seas on July 2nd, 2016.

We, at Royal Caribbean International, want your vacation to get off on a wonderful start and in order to facilitate your check-in process, ask that you arrive at the cruise terminal according to the following designated times. This will help ensure a smooth embarkation experience so that you can begin your vacation as soon as possible:

Deck 10 - 11:00 AM

Deck 9 - 11:30 AM

Deck 8 - 12:15 PM

Deck 7 - 1:15 PM

Deck 6 - 2:15 PM

Decks 2 & 3 - 3:15 PM

Our Suites and loyal Crown and Anchor guests at the Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald, and Platinum levels can check-in at their convenience between the hours of 11:00 AM and 3:30 PM. May we also suggest using our online check-in facility on http://www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin if you have not done so already. Guests traveling with minor children are requested to verify the Family legal Documents section under the Travel Documentation page on the Royal Caribbean website prior to departure.

We appreciate your assistance and cooperation and look forward to welcoming you onboard for an incredible vacation experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums