Question for Cheers Experts

Guineaman

I posted a similar question on a room service thread, but didn’t get a definitive answer. So let me try again.

Assuming you have Cheers, if you order a bucket of beer from room service, does it count against your 15-drink daily limit? The world wants to know.

No, buckets of beer are not available on the cheers package, you would pay regular price for them, and since they are not part of the cheers package, would not count towards the 15 drink limit. They have no way of knowing how many people are consuming these, and could not count them toward the max. Just like buying drinks for friends outside the package....:D:D

No, buckets of beer are not available on the cheers package, you would pay regular price for them, and since they are not part of the cheers package, would not count towards the 15 drink limit. They have no way of knowing how many people are consuming these, and could not count them toward the max. Just like buying drinks for friends outside the package....:D:D

I am not sure they will let you buy it at all. When you buy drinks for friends, the first drink is charged to your cheers (as stated in their policy). since the whole bucket is discounted, they wont be able to charge your account for the first drink.

Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the CHEERS! program and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest's Sail and Sign account.

You can always check the Carnival website. This is from the FAQ (frequently asked questions) page - I opened the Cheers! program under dining and food. Here is a portion of the list, specifically addressing room service (not allowed):

Beverages excluded from the program are:

Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

Bottles of liquor

Beverages offered at the gangway

Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs

Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations

All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes

Food items

You can always check the Carnival website. This is from the FAQ (frequently asked questions) page - I opened the Cheers! program under dining and food. Here is a portion of the list, specifically addressing room service (not allowed):

Beverages excluded from the program are:

Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

Bottles of liquor

Beverages offered at the gangway

Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs

Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations

All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes

Food items

I don't think that was the question, though.

I think he was wondering if he could purchase a bucket of beer, maybe to share with friends, maybe not, and pay for it, but still get 15 drinks on the Cheers package.

I don't think that was the question, though.

I think he was wondering if he could purchase a bucket of beer, maybe to share with friends, maybe not, and pay for it, but still get 15 drinks on the Cheers package.

Not sure they would even be allowed to purchase a bucket. You can buy a round of drinks for friends and the first drink counts towards your Cheers 15. That would be tricky with the bucket. Even calling room service something might be flagged.

Edited by Bookbug53

Yes, that's my question. Does a bucket of beer that I get through room service and PAY FOR with S&S count toward the 15 drink limit?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

and the answer is that they will probably not allow you to buy the bucket at all if you are on cheers.

if you are not buying for friends, they wont let you BUY a drink at all (unless a bartender wants to break the rules).

so it depends if the room service or bartender wants to break the rules or not. They wont charge it toward cheers but I dont think you will get it at all.

Yes, that's my question. Does a bucket of beer that I get through room service and PAY FOR with S&S count toward the 15 drink limit?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

if you want beers for your room, get a beer and ask for it to not be opened (it will come off of your cheers), wait 5 minutes and repeat as many times as you want. Put it in your room with Ice and drink them when you want.

thats another option

Not sure they would even be allowed to purchase a bucket. You can buy a round of drinks for friends and the first drink counts towards your Cheers 15. That would be tricky with the bucket. Even calling room service something might be flagged.

Do you know this for sure or are you just guessing? If you don't know for sure why not sit back and wait for someone who does know the answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know this for sure or are you just guessing? If you don't know for sure why not sit back and wait for someone who does know the answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the answer is that its against the rules. You cant purchase ANY drinks for yourself when you are on cheers

some bartenders look the other way and you might get it. so ymmv

Very good question that I can't answer. I am anxious to know the answer too. Although we have paid for Cheers for our upcoming cruise and overall I like having my drinks covered (for the most part) while onboard, there are some disadvantages to having Cheers. The main one for me is when I want to get multiple drinks at the same time.

I like to drink Angry Balls; which is a shot of Fireball poured in a glass of Angry Orchard beer. The problem is that Carnival bartenders don't make these as a drinks so they are considered 2 drinks so I have to order 1 and then wait 5 minutes to order the other before I can mix them together.

It's the same with a bucket 'o beer! Having to buy a bucket is irritating when you have paid all this money for Cheers. Why can't you just be charged 4 drinks and get the bucket?

Very good question that I can't answer. I am anxious to know the answer too. Although we have paid for Cheers for our upcoming cruise and overall I like having my drinks covered (for the most part) while onboard, there are some disadvantages to having Cheers. The main one for me is when I want to get multiple drinks at the same time.

I like to drink Angry Balls; which is a shot of Fireball poured in a glass of Angry Orchard beer. The problem is that Carnival bartenders don't make these as a drinks so they are considered 2 drinks so I have to order 1 and then wait 5 minutes to order the other before I can mix them together.

It's the same with a bucket 'o beer! Having to buy a bucket is irritating when you have paid all this money for Cheers. Why can't you just be charged 4 drinks and get the bucket?

they are trying to reduce sharing so there is a 5 minute wait between drinks. You 'might' get more if you tell them that you want 4 drinks where 3 are for friends and one is for yourself. They will put one on your cheers and you will pay for the others.

they are trying to reduce sharing so there is a 5 minute wait between drinks. You 'might' get more if you tell them that you want 4 drinks where 3 are for friends and one is for yourself. They will put one on your cheers and you will pay for the others.

I know WHY they are doing it but I still don't like it. Also, that is not much of a deterrent. In the past I have just ordered my friend a drink and waited 5 minutes to order mine.

We do Cheers moreso because my wife constantly looks at the folio so it's just less stressful for us to have the bar tab covered in advance. It works fine for the most part.

As for the OPs question I believe that you get 25% off on the bucket of beer if you are on the Cheers proogram. As a previous poster said, it is best to just order 4 beers at 5 minute increments.

It seems the original poster is worried that the 15 drinks will not be enough so he wants to buy the bucket on top of the 15 drinks. I do not think this will be allow but he could preorder some beer from the fun ship shops before the cruise.

As for the OPs question I believe that you get 25% off on the bucket of beer if you are on the Cheers proogram. As a previous poster said, it is best to just order 4 beers at 5 minute increments.

nope

here is what you get the discount on

• 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for all beverage classes and seminars

as I said. its against the rules but some bartenders look the other way

There have also been reports if you have cheers they will not allow you to purchase bottles of alcohol from the fun shop to have in your room. I have not heard if this is still the case but it could be you could not even purchase to your room if you wanted to.

Edited by cruisecraze96

the answer is that its against the rules. You cant purchase ANY drinks for yourself when you are on cheers

some bartenders look the other way and you might get it. so ymmv

Then how come you get discounts on bottles of wine when on cheers?

There have also been reports if you have cheers they will not allow you to purchase bottles of alcohol from the fun shop to have in your room. I have not heard if this is still the case but it could be you could not even purchase to your room if you wanted to.

Sounds weird. You can pre order bottles online, have them in your room upon embarkation, and actually buy Cheers after that. Even on day two.

Then how come you get discounts on bottles of wine when on cheers?

its in the rules. thats why

25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving

25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for all beverage classes and seminars

I have had Cheers on my last 7 cruises. I have always been allowed to purchase a bucket of beer and shots in souvenir glasses and the Martini tasting. Just because you have Cheers doesn't mean you can't partake in these it just means they are not included in the Cheers program so you pay for them. And none of those drinks are counted towards the 15. As far as buying rounds it is up to you to decide whether yours is included in your Cheers program or not. Ordering through room service. ..well I have never done it so I don't know.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I have had Cheers on my last 7 cruises. I have always been allowed to purchase a bucket of beer and shots in souvenir glasses and the Martini tasting. Just because you have Cheers doesn't mean you can't partake in these it just means they are not included in the Cheers program so you pay for them. And none of those drinks are counted towards the 15. As far as buying rounds it is up to you to decide whether yours is included in your Cheers program or not. Ordering through room service. ..well I have never done it so I don't know.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

as I have said... ymmv. shows you some bartenders will break the rules for you

there are a ton a people that have posted on this site saying they were not allowed at all on these things.

consistency is not one of carnivals strong points

To actually answer the OP's question- Yes you can order beer from room service (but they would be individually priced) and they would be charged to the S&S card not affecting the cheers number. Just like you could take them out of the mini fridge (when they still did that) and would not count.