Stay-Park-Cruise Baltimore

kbd0627

Looking into driving to Baltimore day before cruise on Carnival Pride. Can anyone who has stayed at the area hotels give opinion. Prices vary a bit. Only looking for a nights sleep and safe place to leave car. Have family of 4 adults. Some sites say shuttle for 2. Has anyone been charged for more then 2? Thanks

Looking into driving to Baltimore day before cruise on Carnival Pride. Can anyone who has stayed at the area hotels give opinion. Prices vary a bit. Only looking for a nights sleep and safe place to leave car. Have family of 4 adults. Some sites say shuttle for 2. Has anyone been charged for more then 2? Thanks

Since you are traveling south I would check out the White Marsh Area.

They have several hotels in the area which is right off Interstate 95 ad you will be about 15 minutes north of the cruise terminal.

Home2 Suites, Country Inn and Suites Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inn. They are located close to one another.

Since you are traveling south I would check out the White Marsh Area.

They have several hotels in the area which is right off Interstate 95 ad you will be about 15 minutes north of the cruise terminal.

Home2 Suites, Country Inn and Suites Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inn. They are located close to one another.

Do these hotels offer a free shuttle to and from port?

Do these hotels offer a free shuttle to and from port?

"free"?? No...rolled into a park n cruise package? yes. There is no such thing as a "free" shuttle.

The Fairfield inn has a park n cruise package...you must book via Marriott' s site...it is there, you may have to look around..

"free"?? No...rolled into a park n cruise package? yes. There is no such thing as a "free" shuttle.

The Fairfield inn has a park n cruise package...you must book via Marriott' s site...it is there, you may have to look around..

Nice to see after a long absence from CC that posters like you still post. The title of my post is"stay-park-cruise". Most 5 year olds would understand that free shuttle meant do these hotels have a stay-park- cruise package. Thanks for your condescending comment.

:mad:

Edited by kbd0627

I have a room reserved at the Sleep Inn - Inner Harbor in exactly two weeks. I have not stayed there yet but they get good reviews on TripAdvisor.

They are walking distance to the Harbor and Little Italy if you wanted to do anything the night before your cruise.

Just be aware that the "Free Parking" is for the time on the cruise. You will pay $15 to park each night you actually stay in the hotel. With tax and parking it will be over $200 for 4 people.

It is more expensive than the hotels by the airport but that is the cost of convenience. I will report back after the stay and let people know how it goes.

Edited by Rock_Dr

I asked the same question further down on another thread. We are staying at the Best Western on ODonnell St. The park and cruise rate is $129. We will be on a cruise for 12 nights. Most posts say the hotel was fine. It is only 2 miles to the port.

I asked the same question further down on another thread. We are staying at the Best Western on ODonnell St. The park and cruise rate is $129. We will be on a cruise for 12 nights. Most posts say the hotel was fine. It is only 2 miles to the port.

Not sure of the mileage but it's about a 15 minute drive to the port.

Hope all turns out at the hotel as I drive pass the hotel everyday to work and can't drive by the area fast enough to to get away from the hotel area.

Thanks for asking this great question. We are finally cruising out of Baltimore next year. Flying in our daughter to go on a family trip and trying to decide whether to stay near the airport and park as she comes in really late and doesn't make sense to drive back home and then turn around and drive back to baltimore in the morning. Have seen port parking at 15 a day and we will be on a nine night cruise.

Keep the information coming!

Actually doing the same search as you for my NYE cruise on the pride, not trying to combat the day after christmas traffic on I-95 to start my vacation. While the sleep in looks really nice and gets great reviews, apparently it's not in the nicest area and comes in at about $200 for the cruise package.

I'm about to book the best western for the stay and cruise package comes in at $150, not as nice of a hotel but appears to be in a "better" area and is $50 cheaper. Make sure you book directly through their website as the cruise and stay package is not an option on expedia.

Actually doing the same search as you for my NYE cruise on the pride, not trying to combat the day after christmas traffic on I-95 to start my vacation. While the sleep in looks really nice and gets great reviews, apparently it's not in the nicest area and comes in at about $200 for the cruise package.

I'm about to book the best western for the stay and cruise package comes in at $150, not as nice of a hotel but appears to be in a "better" area and is $50 cheaper. Make sure you book directly through their website as the cruise and stay package is not an option on expedia.

If you are talking about the one I Donnell street I am not sure I would consider it better area.Not unless you like low incoming house and police cameras mounted on light poles near by with nothing near the area other than a truck stop across the street .

Edited by Tony O

There are two Best Westerns in the area. I am hearing about ODonnell street. I don't know where the other one is. Please let me know if you know how far the second one is from the port. The reviews on Trip Advisor for ODonnell street have been pretty good. Not sure what to do. I can change hotels any time.

• 2 weeks later...
There are two Best Westerns in the area. I am hearing about ODonnell street. I don't know where the other one is. Please let me know if you know how far the second one is from the port. The reviews on Trip Advisor for ODonnell street have been pretty good. Not sure what to do. I can change hotels any time.

The other recommended Best Western with a sleep-park-cruise package is in Elkridge, MD.

If you are coming from the north south to Baltimore, I would highly recommend a hotel in the White Marsh area. You'll have to search under the packages for the hotel. Besides the Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn & the other ones mentioned, the Residence Inn also offers a cruise & stay package. We have booked the Hampton Inn in October for $199.00 + tax which includes breakfast & the shuttle back & forth to the port. Considering what one pays to park at the port, this works well for us as I do not need to fret about traveling in traffic trying to get to the port especially if one of the Baltimore sports teams have a home game.

I would try trinity reservations dot com. Their prices are the best around. We have stayed at the Best Western on Dorsey Rd multiple times and I would recommend. There is a restaurant next door for a dinner or lunch. Free shuttle, and breakfast.

We have stayed at the a Best Western in Elkridge our last 2 cruises, and highly recommend it. Rooms are clean, comfortable and newly renovated. Shuttle was quick and painless. There was no limit on number for the shuttle. Sign up for the time you want to go when when you register. Parking is well lit and safe so far.