Palma de Mallorca - DIY?

We will be there on Nov 2, 2020 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Allure of the seas and would like to go to Soller. The first train is at 10:30. Is it possible to take taxi out and return by train? How much will taxi be from port, if available at port? Is there an excursion that we can do that includes train and tram? We are not interested in renting car but would like to see as much as we can. Thank you

9 hours ago, roger b said:

Not an easy one to answer as the Spanish don't really do breakfast and you will have to be back to the ship by 3/3.30 so you would not have much time on the beach.

Since nothing opens here until 9.30 I think you will have to make a choice beach or the city.

Sorry I cannot think of anything romantic  beach wise as this stilĺ the tourist season  and  the beaches will be crowded for peace and quiet  try the Puro Beach club in Illetas. 

If you deceid on the town there plenty of places for a coffee and an ensmada my choice is a chain called cappuccino  they have a branch at the top of the town in the street  that is at the north end of the Paca Mayor in an old palace .

I have read things about taxis not being readily available from PuroBeach to get back to the ship.  Which bus takes you back from there, and how far is the walk from PuroBeach?

6 minutes ago, sunshine022 said:

I have read things about taxis not being readily available from PuroBeach to get back to the ship.  Which bus takes you back from there, and how far is the walk from PuroBeach?

They will call you a taxi if not No3 Bus stops near the entrance. ask to be put at Porto Pi or the next stop

Roger, one more question, also thank you for being so helpful.

Our plan is to get off the ship at 8:30 and walk in to see the cathedral.  Heading to PuroBeach Illetas from the cathedral area.  Where is the best place in that area to get on the #3 bus to Illetas?

1 hour ago, sunshine022 said:

Roger, one more question, also thank you for being so helpful.

Our plan is to get off the ship at 8:30 and walk in to see the cathedral.  Heading to PuroBeach Illetas from the cathedral area.  Where is the best place in that area to get on the #3 bus to Illetas?

you will find the bus stop for the No3 it is a 5 min walk from the cathedral  it is at the top of the place de Born outside C and A a dept store

1 hour ago, sunshine022 said:

Does anyone know what dock the Oasis uses?  I'm guessing since it's a mega ship, it's at Dique del Oeste area.

I know that one is a bit further from center of town, walkable, or not recommended?

Yes you are right it will probably dock Dique de Oeste  you can get the shuttle bus or a taxi that would be around 10/12 euros try to find someone to share it

7 minutes ago, Wiseone24 said:

Hi Roger...thanks for the tips! We are arriving on August 28th for the day on the Norwegian Pearl. What is the difference between Purobeach Illetas and Purobeach Palma? 

https://www.purobeach.com/en/beach-club-illetas/

https://www.purobeach.com/en/beach-club-palma/

Actually, I think I just answered my own question by looking on a map. Palma is near the airport! So Illetas it is!

But can you tell me if we reserve the beach area or oasis? Oasis is 10 euros more and includes a glass of cava too. 

Edited by Wiseone24

4 hours ago, Wiseone24 said:

Actually, I think I just answered my own question by looking on a map. Palma is near the airport! So Illetas it is!

But can you tell me if we reserve the beach area or oasis? Oasis is 10 euros more and includes a glass of cava too. 

I think this something  new still an extra 10 euros is not alot as a glass  of cava is about 8 euro there,

We will be in Palma 11/23, a Saturday, on the NCL Epic. Last time we did a DIY for the train to Soller, took the bus back then grabbed a cab to the port. This time we would like to see the Cathedral, then possibly take the bus to Valldemossa. Assume we can catch a taxi from the port to the Cathedral. Is there a bus stop to Valldemossa anywhere close to the Cathedral?  We will be in port from 8 am to 6 pm. Appreciate any insight. 

4 hours ago, lhsail said:

We will be in Palma 11/23, a Saturday, on the NCL Epic. Last time we did a DIY for the train to Soller, took the bus back then grabbed a cab to the port. This time we would like to see the Cathedral, then possibly take the bus to Valldemossa. Assume we can catch a taxi from the port to the Cathedral. Is there a bus stop to Valldemossa anywhere close to the Cathedral?  We will be in port from 8 am to 6 pm. Appreciate any insight. 

I would plan the day the other way round as the cathedral does not open until 10  am, get a taxi to the bus station in the Plaza Espanya.on the way back it is a 20min walk to the cathedral 

On 8/1/2019 at 5:54 AM, vkb2751 said:

Roger:

We will be there on Nov 2, 2020 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Allure of the seas and would like to go to Soller. The first train is at 10:30 which is late as we arrive at 8:00. Is it possible to take taxi out at 8:30 to Port of Soller. and return by tram and train? How much approx will taxi be from port, if available at port? We are not interested in renting car but would like to see as much as we can. Thank you

thank you

Meenu

Edited by vkb2751

19 hours ago, roger b said:

I would plan the day the other way round as the cathedral does not open until 10  am, get a taxi to the bus station in the Plaza Espanya.on the way back it is a 20min walk to the cathedral 

Thank you, I wondered about that. Will probably taxi from the bus to the cathedral. My husband has a knee that’s not too good so we’ll save the walking for actually seeing the sites, although I’m sure it’s a beautiful walk. 

Roger, what can you tell me about the Arran movement? I read about trouble with/against rentalcars, agression against tourists etc. How bad is it realy? We arrive Thursday, have a rental car and want to drive to Valldemosa, Soller etc. with on the way back a stop in town.  Of course we hope to have a great day.

29 minutes ago, Ine said:

Roger, what can you tell me about the Arran movement? I read about trouble with/against rentalcars, agression against tourists etc. How bad is it realy? We arrive Thursday, have a rental car and want to drive to Valldemosa, Soller etc. with on the way back a stop in town.  Of course we hope to have a great day.

I would not worry as they are damaging cars at night and in the center of Palma,since you are on the road then back in Palma to be sure park in one of the town's underground car parks they are protected .

On 8/1/2019 at 9:51 PM, roger b said:

I think this something  new still an extra 10 euros is not alot as a glass  of cava is about 8 euro there,

I'm not as concerned about the alcohol. I am just not sure if the beach or the oasis is the more favorable spot to lounge in for the day. Has anyone been there recently?

2 minutes ago, Wiseone24 said:

I'm not as concerned about the alcohol. I am just not sure if the beach or the oasis is the more favorable spot to lounge in for the day. Has anyone been there recently?

I live within 200 yards of illetas beach and this the nearest exclusive beach club to the port .it is expensive and you will not find the average tourist there, not sure if this is what you are looking for ,but remember you are constricted by time.

If you want to go where all the action is go to Nikki Beach.

https://mallorca.nikkibeach.com/

13 minutes ago, roger b said:

I live within 200 yards of illetas beach and this the nearest exclusive beach club to the port .it is expensive and you will not find the average tourist there, not sure if this is what you are looking for ,but remember you are constricted by time.

If you want to go where all the action is go to Nikki Beach.

https://mallorca.nikkibeach.com/

It is what I am looking for. Just when you make a reservation, there are 2 distinct spots to pick from so I want to make sure before I pay, that I pick the right one. :)

1 hour ago, roger b said:

I would not worry as they are damaging cars at night and in the center of Palma,since you are on the road then back in Palma to be sure park in one of the town's underground car parks they are protected .

OK sounds good. Thanks

1 hour ago, Wiseone24 said:

I would book the cheaper option as I am sure you will be able to up grade on the day .

Is there anyone can tell me which port will be docked for Allure Of The Seas. I'm planing to do the walking tour with my wife on our own. After I checked the Google Maps, I found that I can walk from cruise terminal to bus stop "81-Joan Miro 145" in about 10mins. Is that correct?

On 8/7/2019 at 12:24 PM, roger b said:

I would book the cheaper option as I am sure you will be able to up grade on the day .

In speaking with my friend, is there a beach you recommend that we can take a taxi to and back to the port easily from and just rent chairs there? And be nearby for places to get lunch? NCL takes you to Palma Nova but it is only 4 hours and I don't want to leave the beach at 1pm! https://www.ncl.com/shorex/219828571/41330557/shorex-detail/PMIN67#?productType=EXCURSION&lang=&date=