Avalon Excursions?

uilleann

Yesterday was the first day you could view the free and optional excursions. I was surprised at how few there were. Some ports had no excursions some only had optional. And each port, if they did have excursions there were only a few.

Is this typical or will they add more as the trip gets closer?

Yesterday was the first day you could view the free and optional excursions. I was surprised at how few there were. Some ports had no excursions some only had optional. And each port, if they did have excursions there were only a few.

Is this typical or will they add more as the trip gets closer?

Some other Avalon cruisers may want to weigh in. I haven't cruised yet, but my impression is that if there's only one excursion in a town and it's included, it won't show up. For our upcoming cruise, the only included excursions shown are two in Trier where there are two included tours at the same time, and one has to pick. For cities where there's only one included tour, it doesn't show up.

Does this help?

FuelScience

Dear uillean,

I would love to help, but I do 't know what trip you have booked. We have been on 5 Avalon cruises so I would be happy to give you info. Have you looked at the detailed itinerary for your trip on the Avalon website? There is a tab that show optional excursions.

I just looked at Avalon's website and I suggest that you look at the day to day listing. There you will see the included excursions for each day as well as the optional ones. I can assure you that you will have full days and some evening excursions as well. Some people complain that river cruises are too tiring.

I just looked at Avalon's website and I suggest that you look at the day to day listing. There you will see the included excursions for each day as well as the optional ones. I can assure you that you will have full days and some evening excursions as well. Some people complain that river cruises are too tiring.

Agree, the optional ones are the only ones that typically are shown as options. Every time we went to a port on our two Avalon cruises, there were always some excursion available, the only exception was a second stop on the day, and we just explored on our own.

JC