Anytime dining really means when they can fit you in.

woodley

The staff works tremendously hard for pay that is ridiculously low. Why don't you go trade places with them and work their job for a month and see how you fare after so long. Carnival does a great job. Each cruise line and ship has its ups and downs, and switching cruise lines doesn't ensure you will not encounter the same problem(s) again.

Lots of people work hard for low wages, that isn't exclusive to cruise ship works and has no relevance to anything.

As with any job, you either do it well or find a different occupation.

It amazes me the amount of people that act like we should pity the workers. Do servers at aland restaurant get the same consideration I wonder.

I don't consider myself a cheerleader, but three Carnival cruises, two on Pride, one on Valor, and the most we ever waited was 30 minutes and that was the last night and we wanted to be in the same section as the rest of the week to say goodbye to the wait staff. Had we agreed to go to another area of the dining room we would not have had a wait at all. The rest of the time we go up to the podium and are immediately seated. However we go early, that might be the difference.

Lots of people work hard for low wages, that isn't exclusive to cruise ship works and has no relevance to anything.

As with any job, you either do it well or find a different occupation.

It amazes me the amount of people that act like we should pity the workers. Do servers at aland restaurant get the same consideration I wonder.

Not for me because I don't see them everyday for a week and they get to go home to their house at night instead of being away for 6-8 months at a time. I wouldn't call it pity. I call it compassion. But you can call it whatever makes you feel better.

Have been on the Magic for three days. First day we waited over an hour for a table. Second day we waited 90 mins for a table. We asked at the podium how we could get a table at 7pm and were told to show up at 5.45pm and we might get one.

Staff are working hard but they need more to meet the crowds demands.

Wine glasses are dirty we have to ask for cutlery and butter for the bread as well as side plates. Crumbs left on the chairs no table cloths the first night.

Lines in the buffet are out the door waited in line 20 mins for breakfast.

I think this will be my last carnival cruise unless things pick up the rest of the week really wishing I had picked another cruise line.

Of the 28 cruises I have completed this has to be the worst. So sad as I have always been a champion of Carnival when people knock it as being sub standard but this cruise really is poor except for Conrad our stateroom attendant who is great

We had the same experience on the Freedom the 1st 2 nights, I sent a note to John Heald and the rest of the cruise he moved us to our own booth and it was always available no matter what time we came (6:30-7:30 mostly) And the service there was some of the best we had. We ended up talking to the head Maitre D and the one below him and it turned out they had not staffed MTD well enough and had to pull workers from assigned seating as they had a ton of other complaints

Edited by dvond