Anytime dining really means when they can fit you in.

woodley

What does this have to do with anything except increase your post count?

Cheerleaders jump on to tell the original post that they have never experienced anything bad like they have. I'm the opposite, and give balance to the cheerleaders. Can't have people cheering with out others sharing the negative.

Cheerleaders jump on to tell the original post that they have never experienced anything bad like they have. I'm the opposite, and give balance to the cheerleaders. Can't have people cheering with out others sharing the negative.

You didn't give balance to anything pertaining to long waits by the OP to back her up. Tell us your experiences with waiting. Guess you haven't or you would have said so, and that would have been balancing:D

We're not sure we can commit to the set time dining so we always do YTD. We did have very long waits on a thanksgiving week cruise in 2012 so ever since then, we just expect its gonna be a wait.

We typically go about 45 minutes before we think we'll be hungry for YTD. I figure its just like a restaurant at home on a Saturday night so the wait is pretty long but we just get a buzzer, get a drink and hang out til it's time.

8.15 is too late for us and the early seating is too early which is why we usually go for anytime but on this ship we should have had a set dining time to cut out all the waiting and for the last two days we have eaten later than 8.15pm as we could not get in before.

We love the 6:00 seating and enjoy a leisurely dinner.

I also would be very upset if I had the wait that you have been experiencing. Hope things improve for you.

You didn't give balance to anything pertaining to long waits by the OP to back her up. Tell us your experiences with waiting. Guess you haven't or you would have said so, and that would have been balancing:D

I've seen similar posts by Havingfun2010 and he/she probably has never sailed Carnival. Just wants to stir the pot!

Na more like your pathetic failing attempt to convince others to cruise elsewhere. Even the newbies caught on to you. Maybe time for another name change?

We sailed the Breeze last week using Anytime Dining. We tend to eat early so we didn't have a problem getting a table. I think if you like to eat at 8:00pm you should choose the set table time. Our biggest issues was getting served in a decent timeframe. One night we waited 30 minutes just to get our order and another 40 minutes for the first dish. Crazy. We did find a good waiter after day 3 that was spot on with his delivery. Some of the waiters can handle the crazy ATD groups and others cannot. We also found that when we sat near a large party we were basically ignored.

If you choose early seating and miss it can you still be sat using ATD?

No

Can go to the buffet/pizza/deli or use room service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is starting to worry me for my upcoming cruise on the Fantasy. I picked ATD because I thought I could pick the time I wanted every specific evening. The last cruise I did was 2 years ago with RCI, and if I remember correctly I was able to pick all my dining times on the website and show up at that specific time (please correct me if I'm mistaken). I assumed (wrongly I guess) that all cruise lines worked the same way. I guess we"ll be eating at the buffet more often this time around.

We had a terrible YTD experience on the Fantasy in April of 2015. We had to wait for a long time for dinner most nights.

We had no issues on the Fascination or the Legend with YTD. I guess that when it works it's awesome, but when it doesn't, it's HORRIFIC.

We just changed our dining on our upcoming Valor cruise to 8:15. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

ATD is like a restaurant, if you go at peak time the waits may be longer. At ATD, I will usually go as soon as they open or late after 9:00pm. This enables me to be able to see the shows I want so dining early or late works for me.

If you are going to go at peak times then expect to wait longer.

Hmmm. I would imagine 7pm is a most popular time for diners.

Just curious - are you asking for a table for 2 or offering to share a table?

I also think 7pm is likely the most popular time. Carnival should go back to 4 assigned dining times and people can show up when they are supposed to, or eat on Lido.

Out of 10 cruises, all of them being YTD, we've had one night where the lines was insanely long. It was elegant night after a popular port. Everyone got VERY dressed up and hit the photos. Then all tried to go to YTD shortly after. It was just one of those nights that everyone has the same plans!

Other than that we've not waited more than 10 minutes. Maybe 15. Including the Breeze. We are early diners so usually there before 7. Put "Heads Up" on your phone and play in line. It's a blast. The whole line joins in! Make a memory while waiting. It's cruising!

we had the exact same experience on the Dream. Never again will I sail the dream class. It didn't ruin my cruise but certainly took away from the experience as we finally gave up and just decided to have dinner at Lido. I feel that this class ship just has some issues with crowding that other class ships do not. IMO

How can you possibly give balance to something you don't experience? I actually read the posts and not all had great times with their dining. As with everything else in life.

Your post was the usual laundry list of negativity that had nothing to do with dining at all. Just your assorted second hand supposed knowledge of a cruise line you do not go on.

Balance is stating the good with the bad....you have nothing but bad to offer ALL THE TIME.

I've had YTD eight or nine times on Carnival and have not had an issue with getting a table. Even with a family group of eight the longest wait was 20 - 25 minutes.

We've been given the pager a few times (four at the most) and every time we just go to the bar and the pager has gone off before we could finish our drink.

It caused me to abuse alcohol. I spilled an entire martini while walking from the bar to the dining room after the pager went off. ;)

We try to go at non-peak times. I find it strange that people pick YTD but still eat at the same times as early and late seating.

Take care,

Mike

I always get YTD, that way if we have a late port day, I don't have to rush to eat in the MDR.

I can always get the same wait staff every day if I choose. Yes, some days may take longer, but the longest I have had to wait was 30 min with a group of 5 on the Miracle last year.

I've had YTD eight or nine times on Carnival and have not had an issue with getting a table. Even with a family group of eight the longest wait was 20 - 25 minutes.

We've been given the pager a few times (four at the most) and every time we just go to the bar and the pager has gone off before we could finish our drink.

It caused me to abuse alcohol. I spilled an entire martini while walking from the bar to the dining room after the pager went off. ;)

We try to go at non-peak times. I find it strange that people pick YTD but still eat at the same times as early and late seating.

Take care,

Mike

Depends on the cruise. I get YTD, but still choose to eat early because of everything at night, however, if we have a late day in port, I don't have to rush to get into the MDR at my assigned time.

Perhaps we eat at "off" times, but between NCL and Carnival, we've never had an issue with this. Most times we walk right up to the podium. A few times there's been a few people in front of us and we've had to wait for them to process the line, but we weren't waiting for a table to open up.

To me it seems like most of the complaints are really from people who prefer the set dining times, but either by choice or circumstance end up in YTD?

This is why I like RCCL version better where you can make reservations. Carnival's is like walking into Applebees at 7PM on a Friday and hoping they can seat you

So go at 6. Those people haven't even finished their meal by 7, so how can tables be available???

"Anytime dining really means when they can fit you in."

Well, of course that's what it means. You show up at any time and you get seated when they can seat you. What else would anyone expect it to mean? :confused:

I'm not a fan myself although I've now done it a few times because flexibility was important.

Only time I ever waited more than about 15 minutes was the first time I tried it (on Freedom). I was solo and being a fan of having a set wait team, I requested the same team I'd had. It was elegant night and was fairly full. And the wait team I requested was popular, so their section was always full.

Next two cruises, I'm going back to late dining.

I have done any time dining 6 times on Triumph and Freedom with no waits more than 15 minutes. I have it on my 3 upcoming Liberty cruises expect the same.

However I also have it on my upcoming Breeze cruise and fear it will be more like what you are experiencing. ...too many people. Hoping for the best.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

We had it on the Breeze with 6 people and never waited. Ever. Have fun!