Anytime dining really means when they can fit you in.

woodley

Have been on the Magic for three days. First day we waited over an hour for a table. Second day we waited 90 mins for a table. We asked at the podium how we could get a table at 7pm and were told to show up at 5.45pm and we might get one.

Staff are working hard but they need more to meet the crowds demands.

Wine glasses are dirty we have to ask for cutlery and butter for the bread as well as side plates. Crumbs left on the chairs no table cloths the first night.

Lines in the buffet are out the door waited in line 20 mins for breakfast.

I think this will be my last carnival cruise unless things pick up the rest of the week really wishing I had picked another cruise line.

Of the 28 cruises I have completed this has to be the worst. So sad as I have always been a champion of Carnival when people knock it as being sub standard but this cruise really is poor except for Conrad our stateroom attendant who is great

Depends on the crowd.

We sailed the Miracle in October, November and January. The October cruise we had horribly long waits. The other two cruises weren't anything like that first cruise. Looking back we should have changed to traditional dining.

Could be worse. We've had long waits on Princess also. They allow set-time diners into the ATD MDRs and take reservations.

Edited by SadieN

I agree, we always do any time and like you the wait is no longer than 15 minutes but on this ship it is a 15 min wait to get to the podium to be given a beeper and then a long long wait. If you ask how long the wait is the answer is "we do not know we are very busy". This is terrible service and the ship is crowded.

We don't even bother going to the MDR more than maybe one time in 7 days. Lines are long then dinner takes 2 hours. You sit forever between courses. We eat large breakfast and late large lunch then just snack for dinner. Always room service or pub grub if we are really hungry.

Another reason for a set time. Thank you Carnival for my confirmed 815pm seating time

8.15 is too late for us and the early seating is too early which is why we usually go for anytime but on this ship we should have had a set dining time to cut out all the waiting and for the last two days we have eaten later than 8.15pm as we could not get in before.

Maybe you should have picked another cruise line as you suggested, but I hope you do wind up enjoying your vacation and feel differently by the end. But for certain you should have picked a set dining time if you wanted a table at a certain time every night. It's fine to show up early and request this or that, but ATD guarantees nothing but a table....when one is available.....hopefully as you wish.

I've heard both good and bad things about ATD. Not a fan. We prefer fixed late. No wait. No surprises.

Maybe you should have picked another cruise line as you suggested, but I hope you do wind up enjoying your vacation and feel differently by the end. But for certain you should have picked a set dining time if you wanted a table at a certain time every night. It's fine to show up early and request this or that, but ATD guarantees nothing but a table....when one is available.....hopefully as you wish.

I've heard both good and bad things about ATD. Not a fan. We prefer fixed late. No wait. No surprises.

Dont get me wrong, we are enjoying our vacation just not the dining experience which as you know is a big part of the cruise.

Dont get me wrong, we are enjoying our vacation just not the dining experience which as you know is a big part of the cruise.

Sounds like they may be short staffed in that dining room at least. 90 minutes! My husband would have politely left and headed to the Lido. What time are the people who get tables first showing up? Something is off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Neither have we waited longer than 15 mins on any other cruise and they tell us they cannot let us know how long the wait is. I guess on the days you headed to the lido for dinner there was a wait of more than 15 mins so by your own statement it does happen.

I have been on the Magic twice, both times with ATD. Both times got to the dining room by 6 and didn't wait more than 15 mins. ATD is not for everyone. I am not a carnival cheerleader, I just like ATD. We first experienced it on NCL as freestyle dining. I just know that the later I go the longer the wait.

Have zero interest in anytime (that is good for Carnival) dining. We watched folks stand in lines of over 100 people just to get a beeper, a la Applebee's recently on Sunshine. No thanks! We will stick to late dining.

Wow, that's too bad. We were on the Magic 2 weeks ago and had your time dining. We never waited more than a few minutes and we were a party of 10. We always ate between 6 and 6:30 though, so maybe it's because we went earlier. We had an awesome dining experience all week. I've only sailed on Carnival twice, so I am not a cheerleader. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Your cruise maybe over capacity because of the Summer Season. I like to cruise in the off-season, especially TA's. Very few children and never at capacity! So, try the off-season next cruise.

For some unknown reason, whenever we pick a set seating time, our karma puts us right by the galley doors or in some other less-desirable spot, where we are stuck for a week. (Or with a family with hyperactive kids)

We now always choose YTD because we're able to ask, "Hey, can we get that nice private table over there near the window?"

"Sure, no problem!"

If we see a table we like better, the next day we ask for that one. Life is good.

(Granted, this works best if you arrive early before the crowds. )

We always have a table waiting for us when we go. We see the maître d after boarding for a table for two. We meet enough people. We want to dine at our own pace. If we have something else to do, and don't go to dinner, we don't hold anyone else up. Conversely we are at the mercy of no one else. :)

Tried ATD only once. Never again.

As for Lido for breakfast? Never. Dining room or room service. The longest I have ever waited for seating at breakfast in the MDR is 5 minutes!

We booked the Vista 1 year out and we were waitlisted for early time dining. That never happened before. I checked daily for FTTF and got lucky to get one as it sold out in a matter of hours. I specifically bought FTTF so we may have a better chance to get a early dinning seat I'm kind of set in my ways for dinner time and would be upset if I had to wait over 30 minuets for anytime. Is there anyone else that got this perk with FTTF?

Thx...