Pricing question

Hello everyone!

We are booking a Royal cruise for the summer of 2017 and I am soooo excited!!

Unfortunately, one of my children may or may not be able to join us. We will know well before final payment, but I don't know now and would like to book while the cabin we want is still available. It was recommended that I add him to our reservation when I book and then delete him if needed. He would be the fourth person in a suite.

My question is about pricing ... If I need to remove him from the reservation after we have made a deposit, but before final payment, how will this impact the cost of our cruise? Is the cost of the fourth person simply removed from what we owe or is the entire reservation repriced at the prevailing rate, which I'm guessing will be higher closer to sailing? I think we're getting booked under a 1-2-Free Promo, if that makes a difference.

I think I've seen information about this in this forum, but I searched and couldn't seem to find it, so please forgive me if I'm being redundant. I appreciate advice from anyone who may have encountered a similar situation:). Thanks so much!

Your entire booking should not be re-priced when you remove the 4th person. The cost of the 4th person will be removed and the cost of the other 3 people should stay the same.

Add the extra person now as if you need to add them later it will be priced at current rates. If they cannot go simply remove them. The booking will not be repriced. Just be aware that some cabins require minimum numbers to book. If you fall below that number, I recall reading that RCCL has the option to move you. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Hello everyone!

We are booking a Royal cruise for the summer of 2017 and I am soooo excited!!

Unfortunately, one of my children may or may not be able to join us. We will know well before final payment, but I don't know now and would like to book while the cabin we want is still available. It was recommended that I add him to our reservation when I book and then delete him if needed. He would be the fourth person in a suite.

My question is about pricing ... If I need to remove him from the reservation after we have made a deposit, but before final payment, how will this impact the cost of our cruise? Is the cost of the fourth person simply removed from what we owe or is the entire reservation repriced at the prevailing rate, which I'm guessing will be higher closer to sailing? I think we're getting booked under a 1-2-Free Promo, if that makes a difference.

I think I've seen information about this in this forum, but I searched and couldn't seem to find it, so please forgive me if I'm being redundant. I appreciate advice from anyone who may have encountered a similar situation:). Thanks so much!

You can also remove a 3rd or 4th guest after final payment without penalty as there are a different set of rules for cancellation of 3rd and 4th guests.

3rd and 4th guests can be removed without penalty up until your reservation enters the final penalty phase which in the case of a 7 day cruise is 14 days prior to departure.

Edited by Ourusualbeach