Embarkation time window

auntiebarbie

We are in Venice waiting to board the Eurodam on Thursday. The ship sails at 9:00 and our boarding pass says embarkation is 1:00. Am I correct in assuming that it would be Ok to arrive at the dock no earlier than 1:00 pm and no later than 7:30,8:00 pm? My husband is at a conference and we are trying to figure out what time to check out, order the prepaid transfer and still have time for him attend some of the lectures.

Thank you Barbara

Years ago, embarkation was always at 1:00 PM. When HAL moved to early embarkation, they never changed the documentation. Most ports now routinely start embarkation about 11:30AM. There's a crowd ready and waiting when the doors open, and check-in starts, but if you are willing to be in the crowd, there's no reason to wait until later.

RuthC is dead on with her post...

Usually the latest you can board is 2 hours prior to scheduled sailing, to allow for the life boat drill. For late departures like this sometimes the latest boarding time is actually even earlier, because of open seating dinner, followed by the life boat drill.

Personally, I would plan on being on board by 6pm.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I asked ship services the same question re the 9PM sailing from Venice on October 9th. They said that the muster drill was at 7PM for that sailing and we should be onboard one hour beforehand. So email or call ship services to check for your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums